Looking for a handheld games console for under 5

Posted 7th Jan
Hi peeps.

Looking for a (cheap) handheld games console as my toddler enjoys playing games on the tablet (but) with all the free apps there’s always adverts and then it stops and try’s to charge you money.

What is out there? Preferably under £50 with the ability to purchase educational type games...

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
A used iPad mini maybe for £50. Then buy the apps for 99p
How about a Nintendo 2ds?
Recommend a 2ds or 3ds
2ds is the way to go. Cheap, durable and a massive catalogue of quality games.
Thanks peeps I’ll look into a 2ds now...
Flappybunnyman07/01/2020 19:00

Thanks peeps I’ll look into a 2ds now...

They’re pretty indestructible compared to the original DS, iPads etc... and there are loads of cool accessories/games that you can pick up quite cheaply too! I bought a Pokemon themed one for my son a few years back for £50ish from Sainsbury’s, i don’t know how that compares to prices nowadays!
shelliebish07/01/2020 19:05

They’re pretty indestructible compared to the original DS, iPads etc... a …They’re pretty indestructible compared to the original DS, iPads etc... and there are loads of cool accessories/games that you can pick up quite cheaply too! I bought a Pokemon themed one for my son a few years back for £50ish from Sainsbury’s, i don’t know how that compares to prices nowadays!

Thank you
Get a kindle fire kids - a bit over £50 but the 2 year no quibble warranty and 1 year of kindle kids unlimited is fantastic value- there’s shedloads of content on there for free for that age group- videos, TV series, games, books etc. And no adds at all. And once the subscription runs out you can just fill it with free android games.
Edited by: "adamtattonreid" 7th Jan
adamtattonreid07/01/2020 20:29

Get a kindle fire kids - a bit over £50 but the 2 year no quibble warranty …Get a kindle fire kids - a bit over £50 but the 2 year no quibble warranty and 1 year of kindle kids unlimited is fantastic value- there’s shedloads of content on there for free for that age group- videos, TV series, games, books etc. And no adds at all. And once the subscription runs out you can just fill it with free android games.

Cheers she already has a amazon fire but not the kids one. Has been very good for all of the above you said about apart from games now as per advisements/trying to charge money when downloading game’s apps. She has exhausted a lot of the games on there and there’s only so much playability with the apps it offers for toddlers.

I think I’ll go for the 2ds. She is the queen of the castle it seems.
Edited by: "Flappybunnyman" 7th Jan
Flappybunnyman07/01/2020 20:36

Cheers she already has a amazon fire but not the kids one. Has been very …Cheers she already has a amazon fire but not the kids one. Has been very good for all of the above you said about apart from games now as per advisements/trying to charge money when downloading game’s apps. She has exhausted a lot of the games on there and there’s only so much playability with the apps it offers for toddlers.I think I’ll go for the 2ds. She is the queen of the castle it seems.

Just got my 5yo and Xbox One because his brother didn’t want to share his. he frequently kicks my ass at Fortnight and is flying through the campaigns on Halo - they grow so fast.
adamtattonreid07/01/2020 20:43

Just got my 5yo and Xbox One because his brother didn’t want to share his. …Just got my 5yo and Xbox One because his brother didn’t want to share his. he frequently kicks my ass at Fortnight and is flying through the campaigns on Halo - they grow so fast.

They unbelievably do mate.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants