Groups

Looking for a laptop/netbook

hi im looking at getting a laptop or a netbook.

im at uni, i already have a desktop but would prefer a laptop. thinking of a macbook i wouldnt mind paying money for quality.

Im just not sure what to get, so looking for any advise. im thinking of a 13 inch or so, as i would like to take with me on the train etc

Is there any good equivlent laptops around?..
    annd finally is there any news of a new release of the macbook coming out in the near future?

sorry about all the questions..any sort of input would be great.

Cheers

3 Comments

Original Poster

garbage456;7480349

what makes you think a mac book is quality?if you want it on the train … what makes you think a mac book is quality?if you want it on the train you need a good battery life if there is no power socket and an internet connection

genreally they are - i know there overpriced, however you get what you pay for kind of thing. Im not a fan boy or anything, But you can tell the difference in quality when compared side by side with a standered laptop. Although some sony vaio do come close.

battery should be around atleast a 3-4 hours i reckon. To be honest iv just got a bit of money to blow so looking for somthing good to spend it on lol!
    thanks for the reply

oh and i have moblie internet - tethered from iphone :thumbsup:

Assuming you're talking about the £1000 aluminium macbook pro then you have lots of alternatives. A lot of the business executive laptop models start around that price, so you could get a nice Thinkpad X200 that's 25% lighter than a Macbook but features the same processor as well as the thinkpad keyboard (although it doesn't have an optical drive). A Magnesium Alloy chassis also sounds much cooler than boring old Aluminium. As well as the Lenovo Thinkpads HP, Dell (Latitudes), Toshiba, Fujitsu and Sony all do business laptops, although some like the sony ones are more expensive and might be out of your price range.

I'm not sure what's available from the glossy screen and impractical material brigade in terms of quality over quantity. I guess there's a couple of Sonys aimed at home use but I don't know if Dell, Asus, Samsung etc. do anything like that.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7485032

Assuming you're talking about the £1000 aluminium macbook pro then you … Assuming you're talking about the £1000 aluminium macbook pro then you have lots of alternatives. A lot of the business executive laptop models start around that price, so you could get a nice Thinkpad X200 that's 25% lighter than a Macbook but features the same processor as well as the thinkpad keyboard (although it doesn't have an optical drive). A Magnesium Alloy chassis also sounds much cooler than boring old Aluminium. As well as the Lenovo Thinkpads HP, Dell (Latitudes), Toshiba, Fujitsu and Sony all do business laptops, although some like the sony ones are more expensive and might be out of your price range.I'm not sure what's available from the glossy screen and impractical material brigade in terms of quality over quantity. I guess there's a couple of Sonys aimed at home use but I don't know if Dell, Asus, Samsung etc. do anything like that.

i saw the mac book pro but was thinking more inline with the 700 mac book (with student discount) - i saw a Asus one online earlier on amazon, couldnt find it for the uk. It was around 750$ and was 13.1 screen which is supposed to be a good alternative to the dell alienware
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is44
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions