Groups

Looking for a mITX case that supports ATX Power Supplies.

Looking for something bigger than the Cooler Master Elite 1xx series as want to be able to use a larger heatsink than it supports. Don't mind if it also supports mATX and prefer a case that isn't very wide (~25cm) and price ideally under £65.
    Needs to be USB 3.0 and ideally two ports as some have only one.

6 Comments

If height is not an issue, I'm sure most matx cases support itx boards.

Look at Bitfenix Prodigy and Phenom models.

Original Poster

Thanks, I've been looking at those.

nacho99

If height is not an issue, I'm sure most matx cases support itx boards.

I hear you but I'd rather something that is smaller than a typical mATX case but there are a few that are compact.

Agharta

I hear you but I'd rather something that is smaller than a typical mATX … I hear you but I'd rather something that is smaller than a typical mATX case but there are a few that are compact.

So you want something that's both short and narrow?

What about Silverstone's SG09/SG10? The power supply fits where the drive bays typically are so you get the full width of the case for the CPU cooler, they recommend 165mm maximum height. 22cm wide, 30cm high, 23L overall. Slightly over budget, Scan have the plastic-fronted 09 for £73 or the aluminium fronted SG10 for £10 more:
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/silverstone-sugo-sg09b-sff-micro-atx-black-performance-case-with-2xfans-usb-30-w-o-psu-(atx)
    scan.co.uk/pro…psu

I have a Corsair 250D with a Thermalright AXP100 Muscle as the CPU cooler. Great case and ITX coolers are becoming more popular with options from Noctua, Silverstone, Phanteks etc. Gotta be careful with GPU height though. Asus 970 Strix is about as tall as you can go.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions