Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for a mobile phone deal...

I am desperate to find a mobile phone deal that I can move two current contracts to. Both contracts are costing me £200 + per month and I have finally decided to give myself a kick up the bum to try to save some money.

Both phones are used alot and I would ultimately like contracts that offer plenty of free minutes and ideally unlimited text messages. If decent phones come hand in hand I would be equally happy.

Both phones were originally purchased through carphone warehouse and one is with vodafone and the other with O2.

Any help/advice would be gratefully received and I'm sure other users would also find any information posted invaluable.

I am not scared off by cash back deals and am sure some of the experts out there will be able to help me (and others) out.

Thank you in advance!:thumbsup:

6 Comments

I would probably go with 1 of the Three offers ie £15 for life for 500 minutes per month. Or 750 minutes, 150txt's for £28pm for life with a brand new LG Shine U970 phone

They also do 1000 min contracts also

three.co.uk/per…omp

The imp't point to note is that when you're out of the 3 reception area it reverts back to O2 as a provider. Unfortunately there is a few secs delay which can cause a loss of call whilst this trf over happens!

Overall can't fault 3 on their prices but c/svce is poor

If you require 900mins plus i would say 1 of the T-Mobile tarriffs such as Flext 35 (18mth contract) £35pm again with a Free LG Shine. This tarriff is flexible in that you can swap call minutes for txt's & vice versa.

t-mobile.co.uk/esh…b=3

Hope some of that helps

Just a few questions -
    1) How are the phones used - just domestic or int'l and do they have a lot of use just simply calling between these two phones.

2) Give a rough approx of mins/text split.

Apologies if this seems unhelpful - there's just so many tariffs suited to so many different types of use - that its useful to find out how the phone is used.

Original Poster

Thanks for the information theonlytazman, I will have a look and see if the options suit.

charliebrown - All the calls would be domestic and there would be minimal calls between the phones. I suppose I would like 1000mins and unlimited texts, but perhaps I am looking for too much.

The phone itself is not a huge issue - just looking for the best contracts available!

For that type of contract I would look at E2Save (relatively safe cashback - they are part of CPW). An added plus is £46.50 back through Quidco per contract till tomorrow. So another £2.50 a month off - they're both 18 mth contracts.

Have a look at
    ]http//ww…0CL
    for £50 a month 1200mins 500txts (after cashback £22.78)

or
    ]http//ww…BLA
    for £45 a month 900 mins unltd txts (after cashback £25.44pcm)

Monthly charge £35
    Contract length 18 months

600 minutes any network anytime
    1000 text

and the choice of either free calls every saturday, sunday and monday or free text during those three days.

[url]www.o2.co.uk[/url]

loads of free phones on offer. no cashback but your bills should be alot lower. Ps Quidco!!!

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help, I eventually went for the following deal which Charliebrown helped me with:

e2save.com/o2-…0CL

900mins - Unlimited texts - free nokia 6300 for £20/month for 18 months.

Really pleased - Thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. PRINGLES SPEAKER CODES22
      2. Best Samsung mid-range mobile phone?11
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!99
      4. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1113

See more discussions