Looking for a new bike

Found 1st Aug
Hi all,
I want to buy a new bike for commuting. I don't really know much about bikes, but I've decided to narrow it down to a hybrid bike with front suspensions for somewhat around £400. what's the best bike that i could get with this budget in mind?
Community Updates
AskBikeFitness
9 Comments
For that range you cant go wrong with
halfords.com/cyc…mes

With change for mud guards and a pannier rack too
FreeDeal1 h, 2 m ago

For that range you cant go wrong …For that range you cant go wrong withhttps://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/carrera-crossfire-3-mens-hybrid-bike-17-19-21-framesWith change for mud guards and a pannier rack too

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll probably head to Halfords this weekend and give it a test ride.

What are your thoughts on these

evanscycles.com/ral…990

evanscycles.com/nor…966

evanscycles.com/nor…964

The "Raleigh Strada TS 2 Hybid Bike" has 42% off. Do you think this a good deal?
Husamx31 m ago

The "Raleigh Strada TS 2 Hybid Bike" has 42% off. Do you think this a good …The "Raleigh Strada TS 2 Hybid Bike" has 42% off. Do you think this a good deal?

Looks nice, for that price go for it. Go down and have a look in person.
if non in stock, get delivered to store and set up for you, saves coming in a box to your home
When you say commuting - what does this mean precisely to you - I just see a lot of your selections you are after front suspension (this adds weight and maintenance in the long term) and then the ones without you have gone for very large tyres (more rolling resistance but good exercise)?
FreeDeal2 h, 59 m ago

For that range you cant go wrong …For that range you cant go wrong withhttps://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/carrera-crossfire-3-mens-hybrid-bike-17-19-21-framesWith change for mud guards and a pannier rack too

Get a cycling membership and use zeek for discount refer friends to zeek to buy a voucher too your get extra credit
whelan1891 h, 13 m ago

Get a cycling membership and use zeek for discount refer friends to zeek …Get a cycling membership and use zeek for discount refer friends to zeek to buy a voucher too your get extra credit

Agreed if you get a free / reduced british Cycling membership 10%of Halfords
vileda_the_best2 h, 9 m ago

When you say commuting - what does this mean precisely to you - I just see …When you say commuting - what does this mean precisely to you - I just see a lot of your selections you are after front suspension (this adds weight and maintenance in the long term) and then the ones without you have gone for very large tyres (more rolling resistance but good exercise)?

I agree with this. Why would you want suspension on a commute? Its heavy, adds to the cost and is just damn annoying on the road.
Go to a bike shop pick the one that suits you when you sit on it. Don't worry about all the bits and pieces. Getting a bike that feels right is much more important than a 5% better quality set of gears.

Especially as it sounds like you're looking to start, rather than replacing a worn out bike you currently use to commute.
I hear good things about the BtWin Triban Flat Bar hybrids from Decathlon.

Triban 520 £429
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions