Looking for a new Fibre Broadband provider?

10 replies
Found 8th Nov 2016
I have been with SSE for near 12 months on their fibre deal. Whilst one of the cheapest, it has proven to be an absolute nightmare. After 3 months of doing various speedtests - they look to have finally admitted that it maybe traffic management that is causing slow speeds and not my wi-fi signal. Whilst getting max speeds for majority of the day and night, every single evening between 7 and 11 my speeds drop to about 4mb. Of course they keep sending you to the BT speedtest that always shows max speeds and they refuse results of other speedtests.

Gutted to have missed out on Sky Fibre deal that was around couple of months back. Wondering if there is any deal at present with somebody who doesn't do traffic shaping (excluding top cashback and voucher nonsense)? I am pretty keen to get into streaming on twitch - which would require a reliable connection at peak hours.

10 Comments

Virgin media have food deals for new customer give them a go and also sky

was with Plusnet and speeds were great, moved to Bt and had a nightmare for first month with same problem as you, speed went down to under 1mb between 7and 11 after 4 weeks of trying to get sense on the phone they finally agreed it was line congestion and sorted it but still left a bad taste tbh and will be returning to Plusnet once contract is up, even tho they use the same infrastructure their Customer service is miles ahead imo

I switched from virgin to sky. sky are miles better

Bt have insane deals

BT have the mastercard reward cards and you can also get cashback from quidco/topcashback which I think makes it the cheapest option.

I've been checking Sky's site for months now and they never have deals like BT or even Plusnet do, Sky are really crap at pricing.

Out of curiosity what was the Sky deal that was posted?

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

BT have the mastercard reward cards and you can also get cashback from … BT have the mastercard reward cards and you can also get cashback from quidco/topcashback which I think makes it the cheapest option.I've been checking Sky's site for months now and they never have deals like BT or even Plusnet do, Sky are really crap at pricing.Out of curiosity what was the Sky deal that was posted?

This I believe. hotukdeals.com/dea…029

BT will do you faster entry level fibre, infinity 1 is upto 52 mbps, any other provider will do upto 38 mbps, infinity 2 is the same as others, upto 80 mbps.
I do like my BT smart hub, I was with Virgin Media and their hub couldn't handle more than 8 devices, BT's hub will handle 64 devices.

I would wait for 'Black Friday' and see what BT have, they don't have any fair use policies or traffic management.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61639
    2. Chat magazine issue 4323
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions