Groups

Looking for a new Phone, (Student) £200 max

Hey all,

So I've got a Google Nexus 4, had it for about 3 years now and it's showing its' age. I've seen some phones that are remarkable pieces of kit going for around £200, but for the life of me I can't recall their names (from Chinese sellers). Looking for some advice on what to get.

PS, Android only!

18 Comments

Check out the Motorola G4 and G4 Plus reviews.

I am extremely pleased with mine.

The battery life is amazing compared to any other phones I have had.

Was just about to post a similiar question. I'm also looking for a new phone around £160 max. The chinese phones you are thinking of are probably the Xiaomi ones, only thing putting me off those is a lack of UK/EU warranty.

G4 would be good as above post already mentioned Nexus 5x good except below average battery performance so G4 probably edges it

I suggest the Xperia Z5 compact. It's epic. Nice android phone, great camera and it looks good. I got it for £170 as new on O2 refresh, then cancelled the airtime, payed off the phone and they unlocked it within 1 day

I've got a mint condition Samsung galaxy s5 unlocked. looking for 120

duncan5112

G4 would be good as above post already mentioned Nexus 5x good except … G4 would be good as above post already mentioned Nexus 5x good except below average battery performance so G4 probably edges it

Where to get this sub 200?

Motorola 4 not sure on prices should be less than £200 just google search but Nexus 5x was £200 at Argos the other week has been low as £179 and Carphone warehouse £159 or £169. Personally I would wait if you can until black Friday end of November assuming you have a phone to use as may save a bit on some of the models that have been out 6 to 12 months

Ah Motorola g4. I mistaken for LG g4

Have a look at some of the Xiaomi phones, they are nice and are good bang for buck.

High quality, nice spec, and reasonably priced. Here are some examples of good deals that have popped up recently:

hotukdeals.com/dea…987

hotukdeals.com/dea…458

Xiaomi are great phones. But you need some knowledge to change roms to "usefull" one. Sellers very often put some chinese **** in to them.
    I have LeEco LE2 x620 if you are interested with something like this. Looks great, except fact it's golden ROSE colour. Which means no less, that it is a little pink-ish. Very fast and in like new condition. I could sell it for 120.

As a student, with a student prime account on amazon (free), you get 20% off all phones on amazon warehouse. This offer run either to the end of this month or the end of November, can't remember which

HavocLP

Xiaomi are great phones. But you need some knowledge to change roms to … Xiaomi are great phones. But you need some knowledge to change roms to "usefull" one. Sellers very often put some chinese **** in to them.I have LeEco LE2 x620 if you are interested with something like this. Looks great, except fact it's golden ROSE colour. Which means no less, that it is a little pink-ish. Very fast and in like new condition. I could sell it for 120.

could u post some pics as im interested.

majicmaj

could u post some pics as im interested.

can you flip the camera with this one like the xaomis? i thin as in use the higher res camera facing forward instead of holding the phone the wrong way round?

also what about parts / getting it fixed?

Original Poster

Thanks for the answers guys! Forgot about Black Friday and I do have Amazon Student so that's also really helpful in snagging a good deal and Xiaomi was the make I was thinking of!

Original Poster

shamsul10

I've got a mint condition Samsung galaxy s5 unlocked. looking for 120

Would people say this is a good deal? I know Samsung are a good make (Not the Note 7!) and this seems like a cracking price!

chrisjfalcon

Would people say this is a good deal? I know Samsung are a good make (Not … Would people say this is a good deal? I know Samsung are a good make (Not the Note 7!) and this seems like a cracking price!

Personally I'd say that's the going rate. Have seen them advertised for 150 but also as low as 70-80. I wouldn't pay over 100 for one now.

majicmaj

also what about parts / getting it fixed?

Hi mate. Sorry, I haven't noticed yours reply. Yes, you can use camera on front, after all that what it is for. Do you still want some pics?
    It is not something like Ulefone to be broken after 2 months But if you ever will have any problem with it, that won't be a problem, because company is big and soon they will be like Xiaomi 2 yrs ago, or they maybe are already.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions