Looking for a new smartphone for Mum

Found 25th May
Hi guys. I'm looking for a new smartphone for my Mum. This will her first smartphone so it needs to be user friendly. She's not a heavy user so a basic would do. Please drop in your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskSmartphone
11 Comments
It depends if she’s looking for something small and discreet (like my mum) or if she would prefer the advantage of a larger screen. (Bigger font, better visibility).

If she’s fine with a smaller phone, the iPhone SE is a good (value) choice as first smartphone imo.
33857509-fen4b.jpg
Something like this
I would go for a Nokia 2 or 3, there budget phones without bloatware and wont break the bank, so a good starting point for learning Android and when she gets the hang it either keep or upgrade to something bigger.

Personally I wouldnt give an iPhone to a Mother as a first time user to learn, a gamble with the budget.
Edited by: "zirk" 25th May
Moto g from Tesco. Easy to use, reliable mobile and in-store help in larger stores.
Dorro make phones especially for elderly people.
amazon.co.uk/gp/…rch

From the regular makes agree with above Moto g are good simple phones
Moto G. Don’t know why someone would suggest an iPhone as my grandmother struggled with one
waaouh5 h, 42 m ago

It depends if she’s looking for something small and discreet (like my mum) …It depends if she’s looking for something small and discreet (like my mum) or if she would prefer the advantage of a larger screen. (Bigger font, better visibility). If she’s fine with a smaller phone, the iPhone SE is a good (value) choice as first smartphone imo.

She's mentioned she wants something small. I think an iPhone would be too much of a gamble in case she doesn't get the hang of it.
zirk5 h, 25 m ago

I would go for a Nokia 2 or 3, there budget phones without bloatware and …I would go for a Nokia 2 or 3, there budget phones without bloatware and wont break the bank, so a good starting point for learning Android and when she gets the hang it either keep or upgrade to something bigger.Personally I wouldnt give an iPhone to a Mother as a first time user to learn, a gamble with the budget.

Thank you. I shall look into it.
booky5 h, 0 m ago

Moto g from Tesco. Easy to use, reliable mobile and in-store help in …Moto g from Tesco. Easy to use, reliable mobile and in-store help in larger stores.

Thank you. I was thinking Moto too.
adamderak3 h, 33 m ago

Dorro make phones especially for elderly …Dorro make phones especially for elderly people.https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LM84J4W/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527263217&sr=1-3&refinements=p_4%3ADoro&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=41W71raYZxL&ref=plSrchFrom the regular makes agree with above Moto g are good simple phones

I've heard about this but she doesn't like the look of this. Thank you.
Mechtup26 m ago

Moto G. Don’t know why someone would suggest an iPhone as my grandmother s …Moto G. Don’t know why someone would suggest an iPhone as my grandmother struggled with one

Thanks. Will be looking into it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants