Looking for a new tv for my parents

Posted 12th Oct
They are after a new tv with the following requirements

48-55 inch
Stand in the middle or it won't fit on the cabinet
Freeview play

Budget £400-£600 and would like it with a decent guarantee which probably means John Lewis or Richer Sounds.

Dad is a bit hard of hearing so not sure whether to try to go for one with decent sound or maybe add a soundbar.

Anyone any recommendations?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
What sonic range is he deaf in? as its likely that swapping one plastic chassis, (the tv) for another is going to be a mere halfway house! ..plastic chassis cabinets are awful for quality of sound, so buy something hefty & solid, chances are that will work across a better range & require less deafening volume for others around & next door.
Thin tv's = shallow speaker pistonic movement & are generally crammed in as an afterthought, ..to me there are very few "good sounding TV's" ..but then again its all relative to what you have experienced & your needs vs expectations as a listener.
If he spent years with a "harry moss" car radio & speaker in his car then likely anything will make a positive difference.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 12th Oct
For that sort of money you can get a 65 inch and for a few hundred more a 75 inch.

I imagine they are old with deteriorating eyesight so they will thank you for being such a wonderful offspring when they are watching strictly and the bake off
Mr_Gus12/10/2019 19:01

If he spent years with a "harry moss" car radio & speaker in his car then …If he spent years with a "harry moss" car radio & speaker in his car then likely anything will make a positive difference.

Yes BUT if he had the Goodman speakers mounted on his rear parcel shelf....That would have made ALL the difference
Most modern TVs have rubbish sound. Buy a cheap soundboard. Even a cheap one will improve sound significantly
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants