Groups

Looking for a new Usenet provider.

I've not put this in deals as I'm looking more for feedback than offers...

I'm currently with Newdemon and getting a pretty good deal.
    I pay $16 a month for 20 connections and unlimited downloads, but the retention is 110days.

A lot of the stuff I'm looking for has fallen off by the time I get to it.

What do you use? what's the retention like? how much do you pay and would you recommend them?
    cheers

10 Comments

110 day retention is pretty good.

i use usenetserver.com $14.95 for unlimited, SSL, 20 connections, 105 day retention.

110 days my ass, anything over 85 days doesn't seem to download right with me. usenetserver may be my next port of call, SSL is super yummy considering all these proposals being thrown about in the House of Commons!

i use newsnetserver as well (same as above)

Giganews if you need 200 days

Original Poster

I was looking at giga, but they seem to be priced pretty high
    guess you get what you pay for

thanks for the input guys

giganews is the best. Newshosting is prob the best value.

usenetserver is the best value at $40 for 3 months with 110 days retention and ssl connection plus 10 connections

giganews is the best overall but way to expensive for me!

yus786

If 110 days is not long enough for you get grab what you are looking for, then I don't think you need to pay $16/month for monthly access since you are not using it nearly enough. I use usenetserver 3 day unlimited every couple of weeks or so.

Original Poster

No.
    The stuff I am currently looking for has not been re-posted since it was originally posted over 110 days ago.

my regular use continues as usual

Banned

Slash;1824598

If 110 days is not long enough for you get grab what you are looking for, … If 110 days is not long enough for you get grab what you are looking for, then I don't think you need to pay $16/month for monthly access since you are not using it nearly enough. I use usenetserver 3 day unlimited every couple of weeks or so.

I think I might start doing that. Ive had usenetserver for about 6 or 7 years continuous now. Problem is, I never seem to use it - or more to the point, anywhere near enough!

But know that usenetserver works well and good value if you make use of it.

Echo the view about 110 days not being enough and therefore not being used correctly! I can remember when you had to get in really quick and 3 days meant you missed the boat! How much things have improved!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!11
      2. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK23
      3. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V22
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?55

See more discussions