Groups
    EXPIRED

looking for a pc £300, ready made, or just components

hi all. im after a pc for my gf for xmas. all i need is the desktop, already got a monitor mouse etc. its mainly going to be used for web browsing and watching i player, makeing cds etc. id like to get the best pc for my money. i dont mind building the pc myself either. id also like it to have windows 7.thanx

6 Comments

Acer Veriton M221 Tower PC + 3 Year Warranty Upgrade/ Athlon X2 2.8GHz/ 2GB RAM/ 160GB HDD/ DVD+/-RW/ Windows 7 Professional

misco.co.uk/app…051

£317 with 3 year next day warranty included.

That'll do the job a treat

renagade27

The ebuyer extra value deal at £229.99 seems like a higher spec for your money (Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 Processor 3.06Ghz, 1TB SATA II Hard Drive, 2GB Ram, DVDRW etc..)
    Your text here

It may not come with Windows 7 but leaves you enough change to buy it yourself?

zeroHour2

The ebuyer extra value deal at £229.99 seems like a higher spec for your … The ebuyer extra value deal at £229.99 seems like a higher spec for your money (Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 Processor 3.06Ghz, 1TB SATA II Hard Drive, 2GB Ram, DVDRW etc..)Your text hereIt may not come with Windows 7 but leaves you enough change to buy it yourself?

That Ebuyer system would also need a operating system at maybe £80 and it does not come with warranty of 3 years. He can buy an external drive for $39 and still have 1TB drive and the pc with warranty for about/less than the Ebuyer unit.

renagade27

You may be able to get one off ebay for around £200-£300. Some sellers on ebay are business sellers so will give warranty on the product. I've been looking on there for a small desktop for the bedroom.

renagade27

That Ebuyer system would also need a operating system at maybe £80 and it … That Ebuyer system would also need a operating system at maybe £80 and it does not come with warranty of 3 years. He can buy an external drive for $39 and still have 1TB drive and the pc with warranty for about/less than the Ebuyer unit.renagade27

Well once you add the price of delivery at misco and buy an extra hard drive, it adds up to about 360+ (at the very least), which is a lot more than adding the price of Win 7 to the better spec ebuyer deal? And once you start going over the 360+ price, there are much better deals than both at most places.

I would go for the following build for a £300 build (actually, about to order it):

£58 - CPU - Intel Pentium Dual-Core G6950 2.80GHz 3Gb Cache (Socket LGA1156) overclockers.co.uk/sho…-IN
    £70 - Mobo - Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Intel H55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 microATX overclockers.co.uk/sho…-GI
    £58 - RAM - 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600) scan.co.uk/pro…65v

That £186 for an "engine"

PSU, GFX, Case, Optical Drive and Hard Drive on top of that.

For value type stuff, that could be £70...low-spec gaming, perhaps £120 extra...perhaps a system there that can be upgraded really well in 2- 3 years time, has decent core components, can overclock well and would be a good basis for gaming (with a suitable decent PSU and Graphics Card)

Edited by: "Lupeto" 7th Nov 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest Place to Buy Half Decent LED Bulbs - Bayonet & Spots65
      2. DPD international?45
      3. Virgin media sign up69
      4. What engine oil do i need for a 2007 Skoda Fabia (Mark 1) 1.9 turbo diesel …44

See more discussions