Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Looking for a PC to start a Graphic Design Business. Please Help?

Posted 13th MarEdited by:"mrlrd19"
Hello everyone, I am looking at starting a graphic design business from home, this computer will run the programs adobe illustrator, Photoshop and indesign daily. My budget is £700 - 1500 for the whole setup ( for the pc on its own ), for this i would like something that's affordable, without affecting the performance, as well as something i can upgrade and keep for years ahead. I have looked at imacs and windows tower pc's and at this stage think i prefer a windows tower pc, hooked up to a decent 4 - 5k screen monitor, which i don't mind spending the extra £££ on. I would love to hear recommendations, advice and offers that are currently going. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Thank you
what are the minimum and ideal hardware specs for the 3 software programs you mentioned? Answer that and you are then well on your way to finding devices that match the specs.

Anecdotally I have heard that graphic designers prefer Apple.
A colour calibrated monitor is essential if you're doing print work, less so for websites as 99% of people out there won't be using one.

Something with a ryzen 2700/3700, 16gb-32gb ram, and a decent SSD will keep you going for a good few years. I'd invest in a NAS box to store media when not immediately working in it, synology boxes also integrate with dropbox and onedrive so good for backups too. Will you be using a graphics tablet?

Graphics card not important

Should come in under £750, I'd spend the extra on peripherals to make your job easier. Maybe a surface pro for when out and about.
tardytortoise13/03/2020 10:39

what are the minimum and ideal hardware specs for the 3 software programs …what are the minimum and ideal hardware specs for the 3 software programs you mentioned? Answer that and you are then well on your way to finding devices that match the specs.Anecdotally I have heard that graphic designers prefer Apple.

I will mainly be using adobe illustrator and Photoshop, no 3d, no video editing, no motion graphics and no gaming. I already have an idea what the requirements are, but would like to buy wisely.
MrKrabs13/03/2020 10:51

A colour calibrated monitor is essential if you're doing print work, less …A colour calibrated monitor is essential if you're doing print work, less so for websites as 99% of people out there won't be using one.Something with a ryzen 2700/3700, 16gb-32gb ram, and a decent SSD will keep you going for a good few years. I'd invest in a NAS box to store media when not immediately working in it, synology boxes also integrate with dropbox and onedrive so good for backups too. Will you be using a graphics tablet? Graphics card not importantShould come in under £750, I'd spend the extra on peripherals to make your job easier. Maybe a surface pro for when out and about.

Thanks, i will look into this specification.
Anyone know best sites to get the deals , Amazon is not bad however I am holding back for a better offer.
Thanks I am going to get a setup with that similar spec, eBay or amazon seem to be the best places for a prebuilt unit. Also my budget has changed now looking at spending £600 - £900.
Edited by: "mrlrd19" 16th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants