Groups

Looking for a phone which can be used as a wireless access point.

Hi guys im looking for a phone which can turn into a wireless access point. I remember being able to do this with my iphone.

11 Comments

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8947070

so what your saying is, you've lost your iphone and you want us to help … so what your saying is, you've lost your iphone and you want us to help look for ir?

What???? No ive given my iPhone to my dad and now have an iPad which isnt the 3g model.

There's a program for Symbian 60 phones that's do that, I just can't remember what its called at the moment !!

If I can find it, I'll post a link in a while. . .

another option is a mifi from three

obviously not a phone but I am thinking about getting one for ipad use..a lot cheaper than the 3g premium

Original Poster

steve1221;8947085

There's a program for Symbian 60 phones that's do that, I just can't … There's a program for Symbian 60 phones that's do that, I just can't remember what its called at the moment !!If I can find it, I'll post a link in a while. . .

cheers dude

boothy;8947088

another option is a mifi from threeobviously not a phone but I am … another option is a mifi from threeobviously not a phone but I am thinking about getting one for ipad use..a lot cheaper than the 3g premium

Well that was another idea but i have 1gb data allowance from voda so would prefer to do that.

Thanks repped both.

There you go.

From memory the free version works but with no security. The paid for one has encryption etc. ..

joikusoft.fi/

Original Poster

steve1221;8947125

There you go.From memory the free version works but with no security. The … There you go.From memory the free version works but with no security. The paid for one has encryption etc. .. http://www.joikusoft.fi/

Thanks now whats a decent s60 phone?

any HTC Windows Mobile phone will do it.

any HTC Android phones will do it

Original Poster

So can anyone recommend one with a decent battery life?

MarzBarz;8947196

Thanks now whats a decent s60 phone?

I've used it with an N86, but what ever you use it with (S60 or HTC) its going knock cr*p out of the battery.

I've only ever used it on trains where you can plug the phone charger in.

Original Poster

steve1221;8947865

I've used it with an N86, but what ever you use it with (S60 or HTC) its … I've used it with an N86, but what ever you use it with (S60 or HTC) its going knock cr*p out of the battery.I've only ever used it on trains where you can plug the phone charger in.

hmm may go for the nokia e51

whichever phone you use will last about 4 hours with WiFi.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767530
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843
      3. One thing you've forgotten2125
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691437

See more discussions