Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Looking for a place to directly sell some hardly worn trainers!

Posted 4th Jun 2020
Hi there, I'm wondering if there is a site somewhere similar to CeX or Music Magpie, but for trainers, that I can send some trainers over for to sell?

I brought some Oakley's Trainers back on Black Friday week with the intention of it being a Christmas present. However, the recipient, though they received it, never tried it on until recently during lock down to find that it doesn't fit. To my horror, his size is 7.5 UK, but I misread and brought 7.5 US instead, which equates to 6.5 UK. He kindly returned them to me so now they're just sitting in my home, but minus the box and labels.

I'm looking for a simple way to sell these without going through eBay or similar sites where you can put up things for sale easily, with the intention to not deal with anyone if possible to avoid time wasters, scammers, etc. Was wondering if anyone knows of such sites. If not then don't worry, I'll just gift them to his or someone else's kid for the future.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Facebook marketplace or gumtree
shpock.com/en-gb Is another site/app for this.
deals6904/06/2020 23:41

Facebook marketplace or gumtree

Thanks for the suggestion. Sanchez82 posted about Shpock which looks a bit more friendlier/easier to use so I'm going to go with that, but will fall back onto this if no luck there!

sanchez8205/06/2020 00:01

https://www.shpock.com/en-gb Is another site/app for this.

Thanks for this! This looks quite ideal, I'll give it a whirl!
Depop is good for this!
Bravura05/06/2020 00:26

Thanks for the suggestion. Sanchez82 posted about Shpock which looks a bit …Thanks for the suggestion. Sanchez82 posted about Shpock which looks a bit more friendlier/easier to use so I'm going to go with that, but will fall back onto this if no luck there!Thanks for this! This looks quite ideal, I'll give it a whirl!

Why not use both
RichardGreen-01494.4322405/06/2020 00:26

Depop is good for this!

Ohhh thanks for another suggestion. Between this and Shpock, it looks a bit more dedicated than anything goes Facebook Marketplace/Gumtree!
deals6905/06/2020 00:27

Why not use both

Just lazy really, I don't feel like keeping track of 3 threads at once haha! If I have no luck one in place I'll remove listing so I can let it marinade on the other
Edited by: "Bravura" 5th Jun
Just get your friend to wear them a bit more and list them on eBay under "scally" and get double your money for them.
deals6905/06/2020 00:27

Why not use both

We don't use common sense on this site.
Not trying them on for 6 month seems odd. Why would you give a gift back without original packaging if they don’t fit, you would just say thanks and get rid yourself. Put them in a charity bag or clothes recycle bin..
Bargainhead05/06/2020 05:33

Not trying them on for 6 month seems odd. Why would you give a gift back …Not trying them on for 6 month seems odd. Why would you give a gift back without original packaging if they don’t fit, you would just say thanks and get rid yourself. Put them in a charity bag or clothes recycle bin..

Maybe they broke up and they want trainers returned used or unused
Bargainhead05/06/2020 05:33

Not trying them on for 6 month seems odd. Why would you give a gift back …Not trying them on for 6 month seems odd. Why would you give a gift back without original packaging if they don’t fit, you would just say thanks and get rid yourself. Put them in a charity bag or clothes recycle bin..

He unwrapped and unboxed it early but just didn't try it on, and I didn't ask either and left it as is. He was thinking I might have the receipt, which I do, but it was only good for the first 30 days. Odd I agree, but I'm not incredibly fussed over it, I'm just seeing if I can claw a bit of £££ back now that's all.
Good luck, Bravura. Just be cautious. Last year I tried several times (unsuccessfully) to sell a pair of VGC classic Nike Air Max 90's via Gumtree. Collection only. Loads of people contacting - all 'scammers' wanting them posted - even willing to pay more than asking price. Then loads of people showing interest and arranging a viewing - only to either not show or never contact again, even when I sent them messages asking why.

Back in the cupboard now. I gave up...
Phsycronix05/06/2020 12:46

Good luck, Bravura. Just be cautious. Last year I tried several times …Good luck, Bravura. Just be cautious. Last year I tried several times (unsuccessfully) to sell a pair of VGC classic Nike Air Max 90's via Gumtree. Collection only. Loads of people contacting - all 'scammers' wanting them posted - even willing to pay more than asking price. Then loads of people showing interest and arranging a viewing - only to either not show or never contact again, even when I sent them messages asking why.Back in the cupboard now. I gave up...

Thank you. About the loads of people contacting and potential scammers, this is why I am going for one app/site at a time. I rather not attempt to field and filter through potentially loads of people. I'm in no particular hurry or rush to sell so I'm happy to take as long as, but yeah if I come to a point where I decide it's not worth the possible £40-50 I'm asking for I'll just store them in the cupboard and let it marinade. Perhaps it'll become a collector item in the far future lol
Post a comment
@
    Text