looking for a portable freeview TV

3 replies
Found 30th Aug 2009
been looking for something to take away and use in a hotel, i know a good signal is required for receiption with freeview, but would anybody know anything about this item, pvrempire.co.uk/pro…116

i've never even heard of Ikasu???? its seems a bit too cheap to be true??

3 Comments

If you have a laptop, you could get a freeview USB dongle.
I have one that I bought from Maplin and works very well. Twin tuner job. Cost £24.00 but you can get cheaper ones from around £12'ish last time I looked.

lawe;6159613

If you have a laptop, you could get a freeview USB dongle.I have one that … If you have a laptop, you could get a freeview USB dongle.I have one that I bought from Maplin and works very well. Twin tuner job. Cost £24.00 but you can get cheaper ones from around £12'ish last time I looked.

I'd go with this too. The only downside is that the aerial supplied with these are next to useless, so hopefully you will be able to connect to the TV socket in the room. Also, it is highly unlikely that either option will work if you intend going abroad.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;6159818

I'd go with this too. The only downside is that the aerial supplied with … I'd go with this too. The only downside is that the aerial supplied with these are next to useless, so hopefully you will be able to connect to the TV socket in the room. Also, it is highly unlikely that either option will work if you intend going abroad.

Thanks, but i was looking for something a little smaller than my laptop, and didnt want to to mess around with dongles - just one unit that is made for the job.

If anyone has any suggestions on this, or can think of another model i would be very grateful
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. spam regarding paypal11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769649
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522898
    4. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2143

See more discussions