Expired

Looking for a Pug puppy

Found 1st Oct 2009
Hi
I want to buy a pug but my budget is not very huge...

Me and my fiancee love dogs, i went to a pet shop but they were very expensive and gumtree is full of cheats ..

Any help?

Regards

1. Misc
  2. Dog
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Dog
39 Comments

epupz.co.uk/sea…+++
you might be able to find one on here for a lower price if not kennel club registered :thumbsup:

Original Poster

cheerleader;6450183

http://epupz.co.uk/search/puppies_for_sale.asp?breed=Pug&area=all&st=1&Submit=Search+++you might be able to find one on here for a lower price if not kennel club registered :thumbsup:

thanks

but its starts from 600 to 1200 which is my 1 months pay

humadoon;6450255

thanks but its starts from 600 to 1200 which is my 1 months pay

thats how much they are !!

you will not get a decent pug puppy for less than 600-800

i suggested change the dog lol!

xx

Original Poster

kerri_ thats how much they are !!you will not get a decent pug puppy for less than 600-800i suggested change the dog lol!xx

Before you choose a Pug please be aware (if not already) they are not like other dogs.

I read an article once that said that most Pug owners would describe them as aliens in dogs clothing and having had 2 for 6 years I can agree with that. Oh I love my guys but they surely are weird dudes!

Edit: And if you're looking for something not very hairy for reasons of hairs all over your house, Pugs are a big no-no, they shed EVERYWHERE!!

humadoon;6450386

Any suggestions ..i want something small ..not very hairy ...but cheap

Could try a patterdale terrier, they are the loveliest dogs, not sure how much they cost though, could be just as pricey

Banned

its a dog not a fashion accessory

if you cant afford to buy it you cant afford to keep it

dimebars;6450512

its a dog not a fashion accessoryif you cant afford to buy it you cant … its a dog not a fashion accessoryif you cant afford to buy it you cant afford to keep it

hear hear

Banned

should I start a thread titled

Looking for a Porsche 911 (997) Turbo

I want to buy one but my budget is not huge

I love 911 Turbo's and went to the Porsche garage but they were very expensive and Autotrader is full of muppets The payments are £2000 a month but thats like my whole salary.........

If you just want 'a dog' i.e no particular breed then why not rehome one form a rehoming centre?????

also if you cant afford £600 to buy a dog then have you thought how you would afford to look after it??? Vets bills arent optional you know...then theres everyday things, food, toys etc

Banned

whatsThePoint;6450608

Load of cr**My Akita would of cost £500+ as a puppy but i rescued a 9 … Load of cr**My Akita would of cost £500+ as a puppy but i rescued a 9 month old for a lot less and can keep it no trouble It's like anything else, once you have it you find the money for unexpected bills related to it

seems I have lost your medal down the back of the sofa

the point i was making was that it will not be cheap to keep a dog once you have bought it - vets bills alone could run to a months pay for the OP should the worst happen.

Problem is folk care far too much about how it looks poking out a handbag rather than for the welfare and wellbeing of the dog

whatsThePoint;6450608

Load of cr**My Akita would of cost £500+ as a puppy but i rescued a 9 … Load of cr**My Akita would of cost £500+ as a puppy but i rescued a 9 month old for a lot less and can keep it no trouble It's like anything else, once you have it you find the money for unexpected bills related to it

I personally wouldnt get a dog unless I knew 100% I could afford anything thrown at mi.....so 'finding the money' would never be a problem

although I have the same opinions with kids...would never have a kid if I couldnt afford to raise one....unfortunately many other people just have one and see what happens.......

I wouldnt like to risk not been able to look after a dog properly.....so If I was scraping money together to buy one then it would be a huge sign that its not a good idea

dimebars;6450638

seems I have lost your medal down the back of the sofathe point i was … seems I have lost your medal down the back of the sofathe point i was making was that it will not be cheap to keep a dog once you have bought it - vets bills alone could run to a months pay for the OP should the worst happen.Problem is folk care far too much about how it looks poking out a handbag rather than for the welfare and wellbeing of the dog

repped lmfao :w00t:

dimebars;6450512

its a dog not a fashion accessoryif you cant afford to buy it you cant … its a dog not a fashion accessoryif you cant afford to buy it you cant afford to keep it

Too true, how can the op afford everything else involved, my neighbour just spent 2.5k at the vets that wasn't covered by insurance on her pooch.

Banned

lil_tiger;6450645

although I have the same opinions with kids...would never have a kid if I … although I have the same opinions with kids...would never have a kid if I couldnt afford to raise one....unfortunately many other people just have one and see what happens.......

exactly - and then waste my taxes on fags and booze, turning the sprog into the latest tearaway on the estate.

Banned

whatsThePoint;6450608

It's like anything else, once you have it you find the money for … It's like anything else, once you have it you find the money for unexpected bills related to it

DKLS;6450660

Too true, how can the op afford everything else involved, my neighbour … Too true, how can the op afford everything else involved, my neighbour just spent 2.5k at the vets that wasn't covered by insurance on her pooch.

exactly the point i was trying to make - i defy most people to come up with £2.5k at the drop of a hat

Buy one of those battery operated hamsters - they are quite cheap

Original Poster

dimebars;6450589

should I start a thread titledLooking for a Porsche 911 (997) TurboI want … should I start a thread titledLooking for a Porsche 911 (997) TurboI want to buy one but my budget is not hugeI love 911 Turbo's and went to the Porsche garage but they were very expensive and Autotrader is full of muppets The payments are £2000 a month but thats like my whole salary.........

yeh go for it :whistling:

Original Poster

there is NO bone in a Pen*s but some of you guys still try to find it there :((

Aww pugs are amazing, I have a little girl one, had to travel 80miles to get her though!!

what about a staffy ? not to big if you went for a female

about a yorkie they dont shred hair and are quite small and are a bit cheaper

whatsThePoint;6450792

OK lets get realisticwho on here has bought a secondhand car and has £2k … OK lets get realisticwho on here has bought a secondhand car and has £2k put away for a new engine (cars go wrong)Who has a morgage and has £10k put aside for a new roof (interest rates change and you may need uninsured repairs)Who has nothing on credit (interest rates again)If you have the right answer to each question your allowed a pet

:thumbsup: i wouldnt be allowed my dog lol if it was up to this lot as i got her wen i was working full time but vet bills aside dogs are not expensive well mine isnt she costs me bout 30 pound a months on food n toys then £10 pet insurance there is no way i could pull 2.5k out of my pocket in my life time lol

i recommend a westie they dnt shed much n they small

*katie*;6450836

Aww pugs are amazing, I have a little girl one, had to travel 80miles to … Aww pugs are amazing, I have a little girl one, had to travel 80miles to get her though!!

Don't want to hijack the thread totally but does your Pug lick nothing all the time? My two would happily sit and lick thin air all day if I didn't stop them.

Please try a dog home, there are some lovely dogs in there, and puppies too!!

it gives them a new life and you a new friend too.

DONT go expecting to find one first time it may take several trips but im sure im time youl go to a dogs home and find "the one"

+wont cost as much :thumbsup:

whatsThePoint;6450792

OK lets get realisticwho on here has bought a secondhand car and has £2k … OK lets get realisticwho on here has bought a secondhand car and has £2k put away for a new engine (cars go wrong)Who has a morgage and has £10k put aside for a new roof (interest rates change and you may need uninsured repairs)Who has nothing on credit (interest rates again)If you have the right answer to each question your allowed a pet

I spent half my savings on my car...and saved the rest so I have enough cash If I need to fix it or even buy another one
I dont have a house....
I dont have anything on credit (unless you class a phone contract as credit)

yet all these are pointless comparisons...if a car breaks then its not in pain....if a house breaks then it isnt a living creature that depends on you to keep it safe and secure.....as far as I know dogs dont come on credit :whistling:

so although I have humoured you by answering the questions....youre post is completely pointless...

whatsThePoint;6451205

No more pointless than people saying you can't have a dog unless you've … No more pointless than people saying you can't have a dog unless you've got access to £2k in case of sudden vet bills, that rules out 90%+ of dog owners

did I mention 2k??? nope....and I still believe any dog owner should be able to afford any bills that could occur...If people want the dog so much they will take the time to save up so they will be able to afford anything....and yes...comparing a living animal to a personal belonging is pointless...if the car (your example) breaks theres no rush to fix it....It just cant be used...if a dog breaks its leg then it needs the cash there and then..not when the owners have figured out where theyre gonna get it from

Grapey;6451097

Don't want to hijack the thread totally but does your Pug lick nothing … Don't want to hijack the thread totally but does your Pug lick nothing all the time? My two would happily sit and lick thin air all day if I didn't stop them.

YES!!!! It drives me up the wall, and she has right fish breath, no matter what i do lol

Banned

whatsThePoint;6450712

Dog insurance at £15-20 a month will cover vets bills, what over large … Dog insurance at £15-20 a month will cover vets bills, what over large costs are you thinking of ?

Insurance WILL NOT cover every eventuality and cost - id have thought as a dog owner you would have been well aware of that?

whatsThePoint;6451493

Most people use their car to get to work to earn the money to take pet to … Most people use their car to get to work to earn the money to take pet to vets, so i expect the car needs fixing a lot quicker than you think

not at all....theres busses and taxis and friends and WALKING:whistling:

I honesly dont see the similarity between a dog been hurt and a broken car...

whatsThePoint;6451831

Average kid cost something like £100k if not more to bring up nowadays, … Average kid cost something like £100k if not more to bring up nowadays, are you saying you had that put aside before having any, Or are you saying you haven't any because you couldn't save that much, Don't say you will earn it as you go along as you could have an accident that stopped you earning leaving you unable to pay Makes just as much sense as saying if you can't afford a large wedge to buy a dog you can't have one

theres no way a kid costs 100k at once though.....I have been brought up to have everything I needed and most things I wanted (within reason) as my parents could afford it...that is what I mean by been able to afford a kid....not in one lump sum, but to have the security to know they will be looked after.....my parents always have/had a good few k in the bank....hence if one of them lost their jobs or something happened they would be ok for a while to live and could pay for most things outright.....I aim to be as financially secure as they are
whatsThePoint;6451880

i know lots of people who travel 10+ miles to work and i expect a lot of … i know lots of people who travel 10+ miles to work and i expect a lot of other do as wellso thats 3 or 4 buses, £30 each way in taxi's, quickly losing all your friends or very sore feetyou really do live in a small bubble :roll:

not in a bubble at all...I am meaning that even a couple of days....a weekend could make the difference....If a car breaks you have the time to get the money together....if an animal has a injury there is no such time...it needs sorting IMMEDIATELY therefore the money should be available at any given moment

ive always kept dogs up to june this year had a gsd who unfortunatly died of old age he was 14 he had never been to the vets other then getting his jabs every year, we also had his dad that died three years ago and he had also never been to vets other then his jabs not all dogs need to go to vets

Original Poster

[COLOR="Red"]Useless discussions.................
i just requested u guys to help me find a Dog and thats it...

[/COLOR]

try the evening papers, or ringing your local vets or pet shops they some times have numbers of breeders good luck in your search
it took me three months to find my yorkie pup i picked her up last week just be patient and wait to you find the pup you want because they will be with you a long while

]Pug pupies here

All dogs are expensive to keep weather it be a yorkie or a great dane! and the vets bills dont vary much with size!!!!

i have a black pug bitch called betty and you won't pay less than 1k for a quality pug puppy, i paid £1200 for mine and she's stunning, best place to visit if looking for a pug puppy is the kennel club not the internet sites, be aware also of scammers

I could find you a cheap Pug with a 10 minute google search, I refuse to send you the links, as they will have been bred by muppets or worse from a puppy farm, and be riddled with inherited diseases and ailments.

For any pet whether a 50p goldfish or a pedigree pooch, you should have the knowledge and funds to provide for all their husbandry needs.
Pet insurance is not comprehensive, my post earlier about a dog running up a 2.5 K vets bill wasn't covered by insurance as that pooch had over 5ks worth of treatment in its first two years as it was from a puppy farm and its hips were screwed.

Buying expensive is no guarantee of a good un. But buying cheap is pretty much a guarantee of a bad un.

If you can't afford to buy a ggod un, the contact pugdogclub.org.uk/ and ask if there is a breed rescue society

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.