Looking for a sub £120 to replace my mother's Moto G3

Posted 5th MarEdited by:"cypher270"
Hey everyone,

My mother's phone is starting to act up and I want to buy her a new one but as she is a super light user I don't want to get anything that is too fancy. She basically uses her phone for phone calls (both using sim and whatsapp) gmail, maps, online banking and some public transport apps for trains and buses. It would be a plus if the phone had 3GB RAM and 32GB storage.

I've been looking at the Huawei Y6s for £110, Samsung A20 for £115, Oppo AX7 (though this is £130).

O2 seem to get some refurbs once in a while like a Samsung A10 for £80, Moto E6 plus for £80 and a Huawei Y6 for £50 (brand new for £80).

EE has the Huawei Y7 for £90 and a Moto One Macro for £100 (though you have to add £10 top-up for all of these).

Anyone got ideas about any alternatives? Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
P Smart 2019 @ O2?
My elderly dad uses a Moto. Just be careful with choosing a different brand. Moto have a very simple easy to use layout.
He struggled with a non Moto.
Get one of the newer Moto phones
adamderak05/03/2020 10:07

My elderly dad uses a Moto. Just be careful with choosing a different …My elderly dad uses a Moto. Just be careful with choosing a different brand. Moto have a very simple easy to use layout.He struggled with a non Moto.Get one of the newer Moto phones

Motorola's tend to be almost stock Android - other phones running Android One have almost th same interface. So Nokia and some of the Xiaomi phones for example.
I would get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 3GB/32GB
Snapdragon 665, 4000 mAh battery, £106 inc delivery from eglobal, no fees
Factory reset her Moto G3, you may then find it'll stop acting up, It's more than likely full of rubbish!
adamderak05/03/2020 10:07

My elderly dad uses a Moto. Just be careful with choosing a different …My elderly dad uses a Moto. Just be careful with choosing a different brand. Moto have a very simple easy to use layout.He struggled with a non Moto.Get one of the newer Moto phones

I wouldn't.
I've had a g6 and g7 and have had problems with both.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants