Groups

Looking for a tablet for reading textbooks

Hi,

I have been thinking of buying a tablet to read textbooks on, due to the content a tablet seems a better choice than a Kindle -I have no preference for OS although Android seems a bit more "pick up and use" The budget is £100 and ideally it will be 8'' or more.

Thanks for any suggestions

6 Comments

Fire table from amazon maybe

Tablet maybe better for apps but for pure reading a proper Kindle E-reader is so much better. Far kinder on the eyes due to no backlight and e-ink and the battery life is measured in months and weeks unlike a tablet with a battery life of hours.

Always plenty of Kindle's kicking around in Cash Generator/Convertor type places for £15-£25

Edited by: "Uridium" 3rd Feb

Uridium

Tablet maybe better for apps but for pure reading a proper Kindle … Tablet maybe better for apps but for pure reading a proper Kindle E-reader is so much better. Far kinder on the eyes due to no backlight and e-ink and the battery life is measured in months and weeks unlike a tablet with a battery life of hours.Always plenty of Kindle's kicking around in Cash Generator/Convertor type places for £15-£25

If there are any pictures and graphs etc though a Kindle or similar is absolutely hopeless.

Original Poster

Yeah it's an engineering course, so books are going to have a lot of diagrams, graphs etc - From my reading online people have said a 10'' would be best and apparently Apple's aspect ratio on the Ipad is closest to an A4 page.

I am doing the same research too. but 10" seems a bit too big to bring it outside. considering mipad 2, 8" with fhd.

don't go for anything without fhd, you will need to zoom in to read small text, hence wasting time and effort.

please share your final decision!

Original Poster

wwhisk

I am doing the same research too. but 10" seems a bit too big to bring it … I am doing the same research too. but 10" seems a bit too big to bring it outside. considering mipad 2, 8" with fhd. don't go for anything without fhd, you will need to zoom in to read small text, hence wasting time and effort.please share your final decision!

Mipad looks interesting, would that need to be ordered from China?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044544
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      3. Spotify Family Premium share721
      4. Best £500 student laptop choice?11

See more discussions