Groups

Looking for a Wii U Console Should I Wait?

Been wanting to play the following games on a Wii U for ages: Super Mario Maker, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Wooly World, Zelda etc... but I've never been lucky enough to get a good deal on a Wii U Console. How much do you think the Wii U Consoles will be reduced to once the Nintendo NX is released? Is it worth waiting? or should I try and get one on eBay/Gumtree/here for a reasonable price pre-owned?

13 Comments

Nintendo franchise games hold value for agessss for so I wouldn't expect them to drop much by the time the NX is out

Don't wait if you're worried about a price drop, but I'd highly suggest waiting to see what exactly the NX is, and if it's backwards compatible etc. It'll likely make more sense to just buy the NX when it releases

Original Poster

ToastQ

Don't wait if you're worried about a price drop, but I'd highly suggest … Don't wait if you're worried about a price drop, but I'd highly suggest waiting to see what exactly the NX is, and if it's backwards compatible etc. It'll likely make more sense to just buy the NX when it releases

​True, thanks for your input! I'm sure I heard the NX was not going to be backwards compatible but I suppose that could be false and things can always change until it has been out for a while (like the way xbox one ended up going backwards compatible)

Original Poster

gamestraderjames

Nintendo franchise games hold value for agessss for so I wouldn't expect … Nintendo franchise games hold value for agessss for so I wouldn't expect them to drop much by the time the NX is out

​Sorry for not being very clear haha, I meant the Wii U console, don't mind paying around 15 quid each for the games, and lots of the games I want can be got for around £15, thanks for the help though

I doubt anywhere other than very rare occasions will you see any offers on new Wii u consoles. So keep an eye out for pre owned on eBay etc.

I've heard the opposite regarding the Backwards compatibility and that it will be on the NX. Hopefully we're only a few days/weeks away from finding out what the NX is.

There's Black Friday next month so there should be some good WiiU deals then for sure.

Edited by: "NuMatic" 19th Oct 2016

prynolfc

​True, thanks for your input! I'm sure I heard the NX was not going to be … ​True, thanks for your input! I'm sure I heard the NX was not going to be backwards compatible but I suppose that could be false and things can always change until it has been out for a while (like the way xbox one ended up going backwards compatible)

There is an NX preview trailer available from 3pm today

NX will be cartridge based so no backwards compatibility as far as im aware

Its worth picking one up if you can get one for a good price. I'd imagine the cost will drop a bit after the NX announcement today before going back up again until closer to release so it might be a good time to get one.
    Some of the games are great. I loved Donkey Kong!

i bought one and sold it as never used enough, but it was great!
    been waiting like you hoping for a deal, they still seem over priced even on ebay.
    i managed to pick up a premium one from a forum for £120 with game and extra controller, (may sell these to bring price down further)
    saw plenty of deals on gumtree too, i would say get one now if you can get it close to £100, well worth it!

Original Poster

lpoolm

i bought one and sold it as never used enough, but it was great!been … i bought one and sold it as never used enough, but it was great!been waiting like you hoping for a deal, they still seem over priced even on ebay.i managed to pick up a premium one from a forum for £120 with game and extra controller, (may sell these to bring price down further)saw plenty of deals on gumtree too, i would say get one now if you can get it close to £100, well worth it!

​thanks for helping out with prices, I'll look around defo!

Original Poster

Deaa

Its worth picking one up if you can get one for a good price. I'd imagine … Its worth picking one up if you can get one for a good price. I'd imagine the cost will drop a bit after the NX announcement today before going back up again until closer to release so it might be a good time to get one. Some of the games are great. I loved Donkey Kong!

​so did i back when i had a snes, always end up playing it again every so often on my emulator haha

Original Poster

JohnnyRoller

I doubt anywhere other than very rare occasions will you see any offers … I doubt anywhere other than very rare occasions will you see any offers on new Wii u consoles. So keep an eye out for pre owned on eBay etc.

​will do thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions