Groups

Looking for a windows phone for son

Any recommendations? Want to avoid Android because he'll just play games all the time. Half-decent camera would be useful I think. Around £50?

13 Comments

Are you sure you want a windows phone?

Windows phones lifespan is pretty poor. My old htc blackstone got about 2 years of support.

kester761 h, 0 m ago

Windows phones lifespan is pretty poor. My old htc blackstone got about 2 …Windows phones lifespan is pretty poor. My old htc blackstone got about 2 years of support.

he only wants to spend 50 quid though, so 25 a year isn't bad

dataload20 h, 2 m ago

he only wants to spend 50 quid though, so 25 a year isn't bad

can you get a windows phone with a half decent camera for £50?

Edited by: "chocci" 15th Sep

chocci2 m ago

can you get a windows phone with a half decent camera capable of playing …can you get a windows phone with a half decent camera capable of playing quality games for £50?No idea why OP seems to think windows phones are better than android ones for playing games though

He doesn't, read the post properly.

chocci9 m ago

can you get a windows phone with a half decent camera capable of playing …can you get a windows phone with a half decent camera capable of playing quality games for £50?No idea why OP seems to think windows phones are better than android ones for playing games though

no, which is the whole point I imagine

"Want to avoid Android because he'll just play games all the time"

Lumia 630 or 650....but for £50 i think you will struggle,as far as camera the 950 is excellent but way over priced.....have a look on argos store on ebay or cex avoid the 550 IMO

Don't be so tight and let him play some games! :P

I got the 550 for £25 a while ago at car phone warehouse. Camera is just okay. Nothing special. My 950 xl camera is great

He will be bullied in school cos of his windows phone so better off letting him play games, and with a 50 quid budget the phone wont be capable of running or storing many games

A £50 Windows phone will most probably be faster than a £50 Android.

chocci11 h, 29 m ago

Yeah, that's the exact opposite of what he said.

It doesn't matter what phone you buy, it will just end up as a mini games player.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware11
      2. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?57
      3. Any advice on mobile networks.1114
      4. No claims discount proof - Help needed33

See more discussions