Groups

Looking for advice on a theatre break

Right i am looking to take the OH away for a weekend in London for her birthday
    Looking at going down Friday the 23rd and staying for 2 nights until the Sunday and going to see either the Lion King or Phantom of the Opera.

I have no idea how to go about booking this up in a cost effective way, Ive looked at Lastminute.com's hotel+ show deals but they are only for one night + the show.

Ideally im looking for a nice place to stay 3/4 star fairly central that doesnt cost the world + the best time to go see a show that wont put us up in the nose bleeds + any advice from anyone who has done this sort of thing before?

anyone got any input that i could use? Ta

13 Comments

The lion king has a web site

www2.disney.co.uk/Mus…jsp

On the web site (under Buy Tickets) it says :

Hotel Packages:
    Hotel Packages, which include accomodation, tickets to THE LION KING and optional rail travel within the UK are now available online through Superbreak. Click here or call 0870 701 4444.

(mind you they spell it as "accomadation" not accomodation.

Banned

I did mine through the Daily Mail, for my silver wedding anniversary, you can stay one ot two nights. dailymail.co.uk/tra…tml

Excellent break

also check lastminute.com you get quidco with it too

Phantom of the opera has a web site.

thephantomoftheopera.com/lon…on/

Seems they are fully sold out for Saturday 24th October evening performance.

Friday evening and Saturday matineee are partly sold out.

seetickets.com/tic…stys%20Theatre%2C%20Haymarket&resultsperpage=1000&dateto=30/09/2009&firstdate=28/09/2009&lastdate=26/02/2011&show=PHANTOM%20OF%20THE%20OPERA&filler1=see&filler2=&filler3=id1reallyuseful[/url]

See Superbreak web site here for Theatre + Hotel breaks

superbreak.com/the…htm

Original Poster

Rep for all the help so far guys, ta very much!
    can anyone recommend the easy hotels? i was looking at earls court or south kensington

Check out laterooms via Quidco for hotels......DO NOT buy a package as they shove you in standard accommodation

The Lion King is best viewed in stalls and a once in a lifetime so pay the money, you won't regret it

would it not cheaper to get one of those £19 travel lodge ?
    last minutes.com have meal+ticket deal is the best combo

Original Poster

choc1969;6425211

Check out laterooms via Quidco for hotels......DO NOT buy a package as … Check out laterooms via Quidco for hotels......DO NOT buy a package as they shove you in standard accommodationThe Lion King is best viewed in stalls and a once in a lifetime so pay the money, you won't regret it

thanks for the advice i will check it out now

tinbox13;6425225

would it not cheaper to get one of those £19 travel lodge ?last … would it not cheaper to get one of those £19 travel lodge ?last minutes.com have meal+ticket deal is the best combo

Just had a quick reccy of travel lodge and those are about 80 per night

Original Poster

hmm looks like easy hotel is a good option that gives decent location without being £100 a night.
    Anyone know what they are like, if they are any good etc?

Banned

Jetpac;6425512

hmm looks like easy hotel is a good option that gives decent location … hmm looks like easy hotel is a good option that gives decent location without being £100 a night.Anyone know what they are like, if they are any good etc?

for food:

toptable.com/en-…=51

or

toptable.com/en-…999 (this place is a little hard to find but very nice)

Original Poster

bykergrove;6425536

for food:http://www.toptable.com/en-gb/venue/?id=51or … for food:http://www.toptable.com/en-gb/venue/?id=51or http://www.toptable.com/en-gb/venue/?id=1999 (this place is a little hard to find but very nice)

Thanks i will defiantly look into those
    Im getting excited now just need to sort out the accommodation front and im flying
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      4. Sad news about Barcelona26113

See more discussions