Groups

looking for advice on for sale section for hotel stay at the Four Seasons in Hampshire

We want to list hotel breaks on the for sale section, as the wedding was cancelled and have offered to provide us with nearly £2,500 credit which must be used up by the end of July (they wouldn't provide a refund for the guests that wanted to stay overnight for the wedding).

Obviously, we don't want to sell it in one go because I doubt many people would be looking for a big gathering within the next couple months, so how do you think we should break it down, should we set up packages and then let people make offers?

We can let the guests use it as they wish, so for example, they can select any dates on the site and even include spends at the complex and then we'll be able to knock some money off the listed prices.

I've never used the For sale section before, so any advice on how to break this down would be appreciated

11 Comments

Think you might have a problem as i'm sure you're not allowed to sell 2 or 3 of the same thing n they might class this as trading (i know crazy isnt it!), but i could be wrong?

Original Poster

So do you think we should set up prefixed packages?

Best thing is to use the exclamation triangle in your post and contact a MOD to ask advise!!

they are normally quite helpful...

You can only list a maximum of 2 of the same item here!!

Yeah I think your only allowed to sell 2 of the same thing, you also must state a price for whatever your selling.

So they've cancelled your wedding and gave you £2500 in credit?

Original Poster

zish_uk;5144437

Best thing is to use the exclamation triangle in your post and contact a … Best thing is to use the exclamation triangle in your post and contact a MOD to ask advise!!they are normally quite helpful...You can only list a maximum of 2 of the same item here!!

What if the packages are different for example 2 or 3 night stays?

realfriendlyman;5144445

What if the packages are different for example 2 or 3 night stays?

Then the MODs might decide to take the stand by using the phrase: Trader like behaviour!!

Just ask advise from the MODs... that way you cover your back!

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5144443

Yeah I think your only allowed to sell 2 of the same thing, you also must … Yeah I think your only allowed to sell 2 of the same thing, you also must state a price for whatever your selling.So they've cancelled your wedding and gave you £2500 in credit?

Basically, the wedding was cancelled for personal reasons but they said we had to spend £5k (between the couple) on overnight stays for the families that were attending the wedding.

We lost the money on the wedding (which was a lot) but they said they'd give us credit for the hotel rooms, which we've decided we don't want to attend for personal reasons and want to recoup as much of the money as possible after losing £30k.

Banned

Did the guests not pay for the rooms on their credit cards, those that did will be able to get it refunded via the card company. Seems a whole load of hassle, I cant believe the hotel wont give a refund being so early, the date should easily be filled.

Is the hotel part of a large chain, and will it transfer the refund to another hotel if required, else you'll find you have limited takers

Banned

realfriendlyman;5144520

Basically, the wedding was cancelled for personal reasons but they said … Basically, the wedding was cancelled for personal reasons but they said we had to spend £5k (between the couple) on overnight stays for the families that were attending the wedding.We lost the money on the wedding (which was a lot) but they said they'd give us credit for the hotel rooms, which we've decided we don't want to attend for personal reasons and want to recoup as much of the money as possible after losing £30k.

So are you planning on getting married at a later date, can they not defer the credit

Original Poster

The wedding isn't for me but it has been cancelled all together.

The rooms were negotiated into the wedding venue (so the guests have not paid but it was put directly on our account), they requested that we book a portion of the hotel for the night.

The Hampshire site is the best one in the country and I think was listed as the top 5 hotels in the UK.

Original Poster

The mods have said I can't list this, even though it's transferable but thought I'd ask to avoid any problems, thanks for the advice guys and girls.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64534
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133

See more discussions