Groups

looking for advice on xbox 360.. banned from live

well... my bf's xbox got banned from live the other day... his brothers going to buy the console,wires+controller from him so what hes needing to know is...

what size memory card would be suitable to be able to save a profile onto and save a couple of games as hes going to keep the hard-drive to use with the new xbox console ??

will the xbox still work with any copied game? ... the reason i ask this is because he got the new COD and it wont load but my brother tried it on his xbox (which also got banned the other day) and it works on his ??

so just wondering if there would be any reason for this..dont know alot about xbox's but maybe some was made different depending when you bought them?? god knows lol

and errrr i think thats all he needs to know. rep will be given for help.

Thanks

9 Comments

the cod working or not wont be anything to do with banned or not
    It sounds like the xbox's have different drives and/or different flashed firmware

JayIce;6881702

It sounds like the xbox's have different drives and/or different flashed … It sounds like the xbox's have different drives and/or different flashed firmware

May not be as specific as that. Different drives like different discs. Even the same (brand) drives can like different brand discs.

Original Poster

deek72;6881760

May not be as specific as that. Different drives like different discs. … May not be as specific as that. Different drives like different discs. Even the same (brand) drives can like different brand discs.

how would i find out what drive it is? :-D if it makes any difference?
    my bf just doesnt want to sell it to his brother without knowing that stuff is going to work ect

when i got banned and copy stuff from hard drive all files were corupted im pretty sure ths could be the case for all banned machines

the cod not working maybe due to the firmware on the drive, Call of Duty 4 is a wave 4 game, because the console is banned you should get the firmware dropped down to 1.4 or 1.41 can't remember which... or (could be more hassle) download and burn the active.iso to a single layer of a dual layer disc... and use this disc like a swap magic disc

katiecoggin;6881770

how would i find out what drive it is? :-D if it makes any difference?my … how would i find out what drive it is? :-D if it makes any difference?my bf just doesnt want to sell it to his brother without knowing that stuff is going to work ect

It wont make any difference you knowing because it's trial and error really. Mostly all drives are ok with decent (verbatim) discs but they can be picky with different brands.
    If you want to know which drive though, here llamma.com/xbo…htm

Or you can keep the firmware if up to date (1.61 excluded) and patch it from wave 4 to wave 3 with 360wavespatcher ]details here

Market will soon be flooded with banned xbox's holdonto for now or loose big style.

no offence but....... brothers buying stuff of each other??

id give it for free.......otherwise what would be the difference between my bro and a random person.

Original Poster

thanks for all your replys. iv passed the links onto my bf and hes going to look into it. rep left for help.thanks again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp23
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …281979
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions