Groups

Looking for an 8 port gigabit desktop switch - Recommendations ?

I am looking to upgrade my current Eminent 5 port 100Mbps switch with a gigabit alternative (Just upgraded my broadband and the existing switch is stopping me achieving anything higher than around 90Mbps.

I've been looking on Amazon and think I've narrowed it down to the following:

Netgear GS208-100UKS - £14.99
    D-Link GO-SW-8G/B - £16.99

Does anyone have any other recommendations and/or experience of the above. I'm not sure which to do for. If there are any better deals to be had I would appreciate any information too.

Thanks in advance

6 Comments

Netgear I would go for.. but they both do the same job..

Original Poster

Henlans

Netgear I would go for.. but they both do the same job..

Thanks for the quick reply and recommendation. Have you got this one yourself ?

I have a 32 one and a 16 but these are as my house is hardwired.

Original Poster

Thank you - I think I will go for the Netgear one then. The more expensive Netgear ones come with a lifetime warranty, these only come with 2 years but I think that should be OK still.

happymanuk

Thank you - I think I will go for the Netgear one then. The more … Thank you - I think I will go for the Netgear one then. The more expensive Netgear ones come with a lifetime warranty, these only come with 2 years but I think that should be OK still.

Good choice.. but either would do the same.. I just like netgear so while I would agree both do the same even if it was £5 more. I would pay more.

Original Poster

Thanks - Gone for this. Delivery tomorrow.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions