Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for an 8800gt

After having no end of trouble with Overclockers.co.uk suppling me a duff 8800gt, I'm looking for a replacement. Are there any good deals on these cards at the moment? It's for one of the Dell Quad Cores from Tesco (Could I get away with a HD4850, maybe?) Thanks

6 Comments

Have a look on Novatech or Ebuyer or Scan they usually have some good deals on stuff....

Original Poster

novatech.co.uk/nov…GT5

Is that one any good?

this is the one that OCuk sent me:

ecs.com.tw/ECS…D=0

Do they seem like the same sort of card? If the Novatech one's ok, should I wait until OCuk give me a refund before I buy this one? How are OCuk when it comes to refunds?

OCuk are terrible for refunds from what I have heard.

The novatech one you picked sounds good so id give that one a try if i was you mate....

Original Poster

Hushpuppy290;2885974

The novatech one you picked sounds good so id give that one a try if i … The novatech one you picked sounds good so id give that one a try if i was you mate....

I phoned Novatech up to ask them what model the 8800gt is that they are selling. They couldn't tell me, so I asked about their 9800gt. That is made by xpert vision. Are they any good as a maker of GFX cards?

Pretty good, a basic brand, essentially you won't get much except the card/drivers also known as Palit

The 1Gb 8800GT is only £78 there as well
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions