Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for an Apartment/Flat in Manchester - Summer 2010

I'm looking for an apartment/flat to rent in Manchester for 7-8 weeks from mid July while I take up a summer work placement.

Not to sure where to start really, does anyone know any local agents or websites that I can have a look at?

Also do the universities open their student accommodation during summer time?

Thanks

24 Comments

You could try renting an apartment in the city centre, I know of a few that have short term tenancies,ie, a couple of months

Off to work now but will get you some info. and post later :thumbsup::)

try ]here

Original Poster

treble99;8361116

You could try renting an apartment in the city centre, I know of a few … You could try renting an apartment in the city centre, I know of a few that have short term tenancies,ie, a couple of monthsOff to work now but will get you some info. and post later :thumbsup::)

Thank you

The universities do open their accommodation to others in the vacations. Try this
    accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/ and click on summer vacation residence 2010.

Original Poster

treble99;8361116

You could try renting an apartment in the city centre, I know of a few … You could try renting an apartment in the city centre, I know of a few that have short term tenancies,ie, a couple of monthsOff to work now but will get you some info. and post later :thumbsup::)

Any luck?

Banned

rkrk;8376193

Any luck?

Where is your summer placement?

Original Poster

DLM;8376220

Where is your summer placement?

Kelloggs

This is during the uni holidays so you might be really lucky as the flats usually rented by students shoud be empty and landlords jumping at the chance to fill their flats over the normally empty period. Maybe placing an ad on a flat searching website would be a good idea.

Banned

rkrk;8376236

Kelloggs

Old Trafford I assume.

Original Poster

DLM;8376259

Old Trafford I assume.

Yes thats right

Banned

rkrk;8376268

Yes thats right

Where do you live now?

Original Poster

DLM;8376274

Where do you live now?

Northern Ireland

Banned

rkrk;8376293

Northern Ireland

Are Kelloggs paying for your stay or do you have to pay for it out of your own pocket?

Original Poster

The work placement is paid. I have to pay for accomodation.

Banned

rkrk;8376315

The work placement is paid. I have to pay for accomodation.

How much can you afford to pay?

Also the exact dates if you have them.

Original Poster

Depending on quality of accomodation around £150-200 p/w.

Banned

rkrk;8376349

Depending on quality of accomodation around £150-175 p/w.

It is really hard to find anything for that amount of money.

How will you travel to and from your accomodation to Kelloggs?

Could you contact the people at Kellogs and see if they will give you the contact details of any other interns working when you are and see if any of them want to flatshare?
    Otherwise, maybe you could look into being a lodger? Contacting the uni and seeing what they offer? Also look at flatshare.com and spareroom.co.uk and insert an ad?

Original Poster

DLM;8376403

It is really hard to find anything for that amount of money.How will you … It is really hard to find anything for that amount of money.How will you travel to and from your accomodation to Kelloggs?

I will have a look in the morning and see what I come up with. Thanks for looking.

Depending if I take the car or not, which I probably will, Kelloggs will be paying for that

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8376422

Could you contact the people at Kellogs and see if they will give you the … Could you contact the people at Kellogs and see if they will give you the contact details of any other interns working when you are and see if any of them want to flatshare?Otherwise, maybe you could look into being a lodger? Contacting the uni and seeing what they offer? Also look at flatshare.com and spareroom.co.uk and insert an ad?

First thing I tried, but there was only two of us offered places.

I will give that a try, thanks

Banned

rkrk;8376441

I will have a look in the morning and see what I come up with. Thanks for … I will have a look in the morning and see what I come up with. Thanks for looking.Depending if I take the car or not, which I probably will, Kelloggs will be paying for that

If your really stuck you could probably stay in our back bedroom.

I would have to speak to my fella 1st though.

We live 6 miles away.

The university accommodation is a lot less than £150 per week, see my earlier link.

If I were you I would look around Sale. I lived in Sale for about 18 years and thought it was a nice place.

There are some cheap places to let there - one of my cousins who is a musician rents a room there for £50 a month or something stupid (that is in Sale Moor). Obviously the easiest way to get to Kelloggs then would be to take the Metro to Old Trafford, then you just walk round the cricket ground to get there.

I am sure you will find something.

Original Poster

Thank you to the above two posters. Made a few calls today, should be fine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions