Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for Best Exchange rate to Dollars

Going to the USA soon and looking to find the best exchange rate. I know its changing all the time, but sometimes some places offer a better rate than others.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

14 Comments

me too, I'm off to san fran on thur!

look on mse there is a good comparison of rates on there, seems like ordering and picking up from airport is good.

I'm getting mine from m&s using my card btw as theres no charge and rate was quite good ;-)

Original Poster

Thanks, will keep an eye on it to see how its doing. Seems to be at the highest its been all year just now so dunno whether to buy or wait!

yeah I think its gone up ever so slightly in the last wk, I'd wait ;-)

usually m&s have very good exchange rates either that or the post office if it is still free to change/change back.

I always use the high street. I think a lot depends on where you live. Im in Devon and can get 1.60 for the pound. Thats at Firstchoice.

1.6450 on iceplc.com - free next day delivery too

Put yourself a rate in mind and get them as soon as you find that.

I've got mine through M&S online at 1.6 last week. They don't charge commision or cash advance if you use their credit card.

Also I get M&S points.

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;6914341

1.6450 on iceplc.com - free next day delivery too

Good rate, although they charge £3.95 handling fee

asandino;6914509

Put yourself a rate in mind and get them as soon as you find that.I've … Put yourself a rate in mind and get them as soon as you find that.I've got mine through M&S online at 1.6 last week. They don't charge commision or cash advance if you use their credit card.Also I get M&S points.

Thats what I'm doing

travelex is usually pretty good but only online. I had my Usd off them in September. They worked out very good because they will price match the best deal. They did this for me and sent me a cheque through the post for the difference. You can also get quidco cashback

Original Poster

caz1cool;6914837

travelex is usually pretty good but only online. I had my Usd off them in … travelex is usually pretty good but only online. I had my Usd off them in September. They worked out very good because they will price match the best deal. They did this for me and sent me a cheque through the post for the difference. You can also get quidco cashback

Had a look and they seem to be about the best I've seen!

Just be warned that if you pay with your credit card you may get charged cash advaned.

That's why the M&S deal to me is brilliant because they do not.

Also be warned if paying with a debit card in M&S you get charged a foreign exchange fee! I did with my Barclays Debit Card! Apparently its because you are effectively withdrawing foreign currency, but if you go get the cash out and take that to the till you aviod the fee. Unlucky for me my daily withdrawl limit was lower than what I needed to change and my bank was closed. Also iceplc.com only charge the handling fee if ordering under £400 of currency, so can work out better if you are ordering a sum over this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One Ex HDD Help11
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations33
      3. Ide to sata converter56
      4. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011

See more discussions