Looking for best offer - Fibre, Phone, TV + Sky Sports Pack inc.HD (mainly for F1 channel)

Found 8th MarEdited by:"darkovo"
Hi,
I'm helping my uncle ditch his BT infinity, BT Sports pack viewed on Sky, and BT Phone.
He also has a Sky sub with Sky Sports complete pack + HD and an entertainment pack.
So overall he's paying a lot of money each month for not much.

He's out of contract with Sky, the BT package is out of contract end of March - we've given 30 days notice on this now.

His house can only get fibre for broadband, the copper network is too slow, a reason he moved to BT fibre a year or so ago.

The idea is to ditch BT and just go with Sky for everything, TV, Internet and Phone.

He has an old Sky+HD box (non-WiFi), may look to getting a Q box but seems that adds an extra charge per month? He doesn't need it, but will ask for a newer WiFi enabled box atleast.

He loves his sport, ideally wanted to keep BT sport, but decided to ditch it and just have Sky & normal terrestrial TV for sport highlights not on Sky.
I've spoken to Sky about the sports, there isn't much difference from taking just 2 sports packs + HD to getting the complete sports package inc.HD, got quoted £20 a month for 18 months for the sports pack, not sure about HD price if on-top?

He doesn't use much internet data, but looks to be unlimited data anyway.

I've gone through the best prices the initial customer services lady could give me for the Sky products, these are:

Sky Home Phone unlimited (anytime calls) +
Sky Fibre unlimited - 18 month contract = £25 per month
Sky TV Entertainment package = £20 per month
Sky HD pack = £5 per month
Sky Sports Complete pack = £20 per month (can't remember if HD was included in this price)
Sky Sports HD = £6 per month (if not included with above)

I'm going to call the Sky "Value department" which give better offers, I'm just seeing what others get offered for similar full packages.
Any advice is welcomed

Edit - Sky Value department called, gave some money off but still expensive.
Have also chatted to TalkTalk seeing as they can also show Sky Sports with F1 - they are just as expensive as Sky!
Community Updates
14 Comments
Bt have good deals on with free BT sport and free weekend calls
omar0203 m ago

Bt have good deals on with free BT sport and free weekend calls

But he'd still need a Sky sub for his Sports - F1 etc, he's decided he can live without BT sports, and so a lesser of 2 evils is to ditch BT altogether.
darkovo1 m ago

But he'd still need a Sky sub for his Sports - F1 etc, he's decided he can …But he'd still need a Sky sub for his Sports - F1 etc, he's decided he can live without BT sports, and so a lesser of 2 evils is to ditch BT altogether.

Try watching it online for free or streaming sites it use kodi that's what I do lol it's too expensive to pay subscription for sky/Bt
Edited by: "omar020" 8th Mar
omar0202 m ago

Try watching it online for free or streaming sites it use kodi that's what …Try watching it online for free or streaming sites it use kodi that's what I do lol it's too expensive to pay subscription for sky/Bt

Ha, he's nearly 80, needs things to easily work, can't be playing around with Kodi or other things
darkovo1 m ago

Ha, he's nearly 80, needs things to easily work, can't be playing around …Ha, he's nearly 80, needs things to easily work, can't be playing around with Kodi or other things

Oh haha that's too much hassle lol, I would try going on one company for all of them tbh as they would consider you a important customer as your getting quite a lot of things so I assume you'd get s good deal but look around and compare prices then ring them up
omar0206 m ago

Oh haha that's too much hassle lol, I would try going on one company for …Oh haha that's too much hassle lol, I would try going on one company for all of them tbh as they would consider you a important customer as your getting quite a lot of things so I assume you'd get s good deal but look around and compare prices then ring them up

Thats what we've decide already, to go with Sky for everything, obviously won't tell them that until we've had their best deal for everything.
I'm taking notes from other hukd deal posts for different offers, nothing exactly like what he wants is showing, be good to know if others reading this have got a similar set of packages recently and the price they pay.
darkovo3 m ago

Thats what we've decide already, to go with Sky for everything, obviously …Thats what we've decide already, to go with Sky for everything, obviously won't tell them that until we've had their best deal for everything.I'm taking notes from other hukd deal posts for different offers, nothing exactly like what he wants is showing, be good to know if others reading this have got a similar set of packages recently and the price they pay.

Sky should offer you a better discount because you are an existing customer so you can say this to them as well
Best offers I got today from the Value department:

Sky TV Entertainment package
HD pack
Sky Sports Complete pack (includes HD)
£47.50

Sky Fibre + Phone
£25

All in it's £72.50 per month for 18 months

Wouldn't budge any more
I've been looking elsewhere to see who else can provide Sky Sports, mainly the F1 channel!

Virgin don't supply his area

I've been on the TalkTalk website (as well as their chat, was given same offer as website though):

Faster Fibre Broadband = £22.50 (price fixed for 12 month conract)
Unlimited UK Calls = £8.50 (flexible boost/1 month contract)
Sky Sports = £34 (flexible boost/1 month contract) (streamed over the internet)
TV Select = £7 (flexible boost/1 month contract)
TV Plus Box = £50 one-off payment
Total = £72 per month

Can remove TV Select package after a month/straight away after paying 1st month, to get it down by another £7 to £65 a month.

also there's £95 Quidco cashback.

Chat and other areas of website were saying 18 month contract, but the bill online said 12 month contract for Broadband, suppose other prices could go up as well (not broadband which is locked in for 12/18 months).

Nowts cheap is it!
You do realise that by asking BT to cease the line your uncle will go several days without service, you can't transfer a line with a pending cease, so once the line ceases you can order services, depending on Openreach it can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks to get back up and running.
You might also incur a line connection fee and your uncle will end up with a new phone number.
_-Richie-_9th Mar

You do realise that by asking BT to cease the line your uncle will go …You do realise that by asking BT to cease the line your uncle will go several days without service, you can't transfer a line with a pending cease, so once the line ceases you can order services, depending on Openreach it can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks to get back up and running.You might also incur a line connection fee and your uncle will end up with a new phone number.

Its just the BT Sports + Sports HD Pack that has been given notice on, the guy advised a switch from the new supplier would do the other parts automatically, so good advice.
I've been looking at the NowTV Sky Sports 9 month pass for £150 total cost (works out £16.66 per month) - Link
It's certainly a better price than other options for Sky Sports i've been getting.

It'll be lower quality - 720p and need a different NowTV box for this to watch it Live, also means he can't record it.

Not sure if he'll will want to use another box for his NowTV content, if he does it just means he'll have to have unlimited data on his internet otherwise he'll go over any small allowance I'm sure.
Thought I'd update this thread with what we went for:

Sky TV package as below, total = £42 :
18 month contract
Sky Sports complete = £20
Sky Sports HD = £2
Entertainment package (basic/none HD) = £20
(no new box though )

Sky Fibre (25GB) + Telephone, total = £28.99 :
18 month contract
Sky Fibre = £1
Sky Talk Anytime Extra = £8
Sky Line Rental = £18.99
Caller display = Free
Sky Q Hub = £0
Ccharge for Sky Hub delivery - added to 1st bill = £9.95
Fibre Broadband activation fee = Free

Total for everything per month is £69.99.

Possible £80 quidco to come back, also a very unlikely £75 mastercard from Sky, but think this was only for the Fibre unlimited package?

Ok pretty expensive in my eyes but nearly halves the monthly bill he currently has, and I couldn't get a better deal from any other supplier at the time. He's lost some HD TV channels but kept HD for the sports he wanted.
It's also only 25GB fibre, but I've checked his past years usage with BT and the most he used in a month was 11GB!
Edited by: "darkovo" 14th Mar
Send me your email address
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants