Looking for Best Used Samsung TV

Found 18th Sep 2017
Hi All,

Looking for recommendations on a used Samsung TV. Basically my mum wants to upgrade from her very old HD Samsung, and rather than spend lots of money on a new one, I'm guessing there must be some pretty good Samsung TV's I can pick up second hand that were state of the art 2,3,4 years ago. Basic requirements are:

- Smart TV
- Around 46 inches
- 4K would be great (but not necessary)
- Purely for watching TV / Online demand - so best TV quality picture
- Preferably Samsung, but open to Sony etc.

Any advice on a model would be great, see what I can pick it up for online.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Gumtree be a start but for the most better to pay the little extra to get refurb from the shops, richersounds do some great deals
Creatishh18th Sep 2017

Gumtree be a start but for the most better to pay the little extra to get …Gumtree be a start but for the most better to pay the little extra to get refurb from the shops, richersounds do some great deals

Yup that is the plan - I am just trying to identify a good TV model to hunt - something that was fantastic when it was launched and is veru good value for money in the present day, despite it being a couple of years old / used.
Have you tried the eBay outlet stores?
Sometimes the supermarkets and other retailers have older models really cheap on their eBay outlet stores.
My 4 year old Samsung gets less smart by the day as more and more apps are removed.
jimhuf8 m ago

My 4 year old Samsung gets less smart by the day as more and more apps are …My 4 year old Samsung gets less smart by the day as more and more apps are removed.

Ah. Something to consider...
High end models don't sell in great volume, so it's really just a case of keeping an eye out. Something like the 2013 F8000 would probably be the ideal choice at that size, the newer high end TVs have grown larger.

The ES8000, HU7500, and JS9000 would be candidates too, although the latter two are 4K which won't do any favours to picture quality for broadcast TV.
EndlessWaves2 h, 29 m ago

High end models don't sell in great volume, so it's really just a case of …High end models don't sell in great volume, so it's really just a case of keeping an eye out. Something like the 2013 F8000 would probably be the ideal choice at that size, the newer high end TVs have grown larger. The ES8000, HU7500, and JS9000 would be candidates too, although the latter two are 4K which won't do any favours to picture quality for broadcast TV.

Thank you!
Shpock? Where in the UK are you?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants