Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for cheap bicycle insurance

Hi, just bought son a new bike, his last bike got stolen and we were not inusured, does anyone know of any cheap bicycle cover?

14 Comments

Can it not be covered under buildings and contents insurance if its kept in your garage or a locked shed?
    Ring your insurance company and ask them.

Original Poster

bellabonkers;1933841

Can it not be covered under buildings and contents insurance if its kept … Can it not be covered under buildings and contents insurance if its kept in your garage or a locked shed?Ring your insurance company and ask them.

I havnt got contents insurance, only buildings at the moment and have just renewed, will think about adding that the next time around, thanks

bellabonkers;1933841

Can it not be covered under buildings and contents insurance if its kept … Can it not be covered under buildings and contents insurance if its kept in your garage or a locked shed?Ring your insurance company and ask them.

i am sure you are right

if you get your buildings and contents insurance remember to go via quidco for more savings :thumbsup:

You'd be better off with getting your contents insured that just your son's bike...

nadss;1933884

I havnt got contents insurance, only buildings at the moment and have … I havnt got contents insurance, only buildings at the moment and have just renewed, will think about adding that the next time around, thanks

i am sure you can go to another insurance company just for the contents cover some merchants on quidco with upto £90 cashback :roll:

Original Poster

silly question but am i right in saying if it was covered in contents cover it would only be covered if it was stolen from my premises?

have a look at this ]website it looks like you can get a £200 bike insured for aroun £20 per year

nadss;1933972

silly question but am i right in saying if it was covered in contents … silly question but am i right in saying if it was covered in contents cover it would only be covered if it was stolen from my premises?

I've got a feeling you can add optional extras like you would for a mobile phone or a camera, but i dont know..

nadss;1933972

silly question but am i right in saying if it was covered in contents … silly question but am i right in saying if it was covered in contents cover it would only be covered if it was stolen from my premises?

No you can insure items away from home... bikes - rings - camcorders etc

Original Poster

DAMNOME;1934041

No you can insure items away from home... bikes - rings - camcorders etc

Thanks for that, i have managed to find a cheap bicycle policy for £20 a year with 7% Quidco (bike value £280) that will do for now, and then when my insurance is due for renewal next year i will definately look at the contents insurance.

Thanks all for you advice

Original Poster

imortal;1934017

have a look at this ]website it looks like you can get a £200 bike … have a look at this ]website it looks like you can get a £200 bike insured for aroun £20 per year

Thanks imortal, it was £20 plus 7% quidco, have gone with them after googling others

:thumbsup:

nadss;1934157

Thanks imortal, it was £20 plus 7% quidco, have gone with them after … Thanks imortal, it was £20 plus 7% quidco, have gone with them after googling others

No problen didnt even check quidco (good thinking) :thumbsup:

Original Poster

imortal;1934254

:thumbsup:No problen didnt even check quidco (good thinking) :thumbsup:

They're under pavilion insurance on quidco, it then takes you to the cycleguard link, but ive just noticed ive made a mistake, insured it under my name which is £20 but for 14 year old son it will be £28, will have to call them up tomorrow and get it changed and pay the difference

nadss;1934285

They're under pavilion insurance on quidco, it then takes you to the … They're under pavilion insurance on quidco, it then takes you to the cycleguard link, but ive just noticed ive made a mistake, insured it under my name which is £20 but for 14 year old son it will be £28, will have to call them up tomorrow and get it changed and pay the difference

At least its all sorted Glad to have helped:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions