Groups

looking for cheap car insurance

can anybody recommend anywhere cheap for car insurance?

im 32 with 8yrs ncb.

2008 vw golf gt tdi

wanting fully comp

protected no claims

all added extras inc full uk breakdown

ive tried all the comparison sites and mostly coming in around £650

currently insured with adrian flux and theyre at £650 for renewal.

sky insurance are down to £479 but works out £550 with interest as pay monthly and with a massive £120 deposit

thanks in advance

21 Comments

I was with Adrian Flux and they were the best for my FocusST... did you call them and tell them of your quote from Sky?
    it's still £100 cheaper and AF shouldn't have any bother matching it

Try direct line. They're not on comparison websites and they worked out cheapest for me. I'm also 32 yr old male with 8 yrs ncd funnily enough (I had a claim 1 year ago btw)

Tesco are cheap and offer decent service
    Go skippy might be slightly cheaper but having read the mountain of negative reviews they receive it's not worth the saving

Try comparison websites

Moneysupermarket
    Go Compare
    Compare The Market

Then try Direct Iine.

Also read up on Money Saving Expert section on Insurance.
    Finally have a look at this thread.

hotukdeals.com/tag/ask…860

You could try the non-comparison companies but they tend to be very variable.

If your profile is right, you may be surprised to find that one of them undercuts the comparison sites by some margins. I always try Direct Line first, then, in no particular order, Tesco, Aviva, LV, John Lewis and others. You may as well go through Quidco links as most of these companies pay some sort of cashback. Just see who is listed there and give them a try.

quotezone?

Sounds quite a bit for a GT TDi, I'm 32 was only paying £310 fully comp on a 62 reg E-Class Merc with Amg pack.
    Have you got any friends or family you could add to the policy? I'm on quite a few peoples and its knocked theres down.

For me the last 4 years on my 2010 Mazda 3 MPS the best quotes have been direct with AXA, they have undercut the comparison sites by at least £50

try go through top cash back or quidco, most of the time, my car insurance end up cheaper.
    the only problem with this is that its not 100% guarantee cash back.

As Toon_army says, try adding someone as a named driver, it might bring it down a bit. Without stereotyping, ideally your Wife, Mum, Girlfriend, Auntie etc so preferably a woman but without points or claims. My husband's insurance came down by a couple of hundred when he added me on as a named driver.

try compare the market. always the cheapest for me on there!

do not go with ecar/brightside. .. They are con merchants.
    try privilege

RonChew

You could try the non-comparison companies but they tend to be very … You could try the non-comparison companies but they tend to be very variable. If your profile is right, you may be surprised to find that one of them undercuts the comparison sites by some margins. I always try Direct Line first, then, in no particular order, Tesco, Aviva, LV, John Lewis and others. You may as well go through Quidco links as most of these companies pay some sort of cashback. Just see who is listed there and give them a try.

Direct line came in £200 cheaper than the comparison sites for me this year. I was shocked to say the least!

aviva worth a go

Admiral is always cheap for me. Their multicar is good. Managed to ensure my Mondeo and my wife's pug 207 for £360 total. We are both in our 30's.

RonChew

You must live somewhere they like; fortunately so do I! One of the other … You must live somewhere they like; fortunately so do I! One of the other advantages of Direct Line is that they don't charge for amendments to your policy, only for cancellation. And you can sign up to and download the DirectPlus app which might give you £30 back over the year. Though that may prove a bit tricky if you drive your Golf to anywhere near its full potential.

Yeah I read up on the DirectPlus app and the potential 'cashback' you could get - there's no-way I'd ever see that money! X)

You can get cheap insurance, but is it really worth it ?
    When you need it - you don't want to be emailing an online only address or talking to a Scottish guy in Bombay.
    You don't want a high excess charge where you would pay hundreds for a small scratch that's not even your fault.
    Go for London Victoria or a direct insurance company with a human on the phone.

Original Poster

cheers for the comments, I have plenty to go at. I will update once I have an outcome,

thanks again

BobIzYaUncle

cheers for the comments, I have plenty to go at. I will update once I … cheers for the comments, I have plenty to go at. I will update once I have an outcome,thanks again

​Did you manage to get cheap insurance mate?

Original Poster

stelo

​Did you manage to get cheap insurance mate?

​Totally forgot about this thread . .

went with sky insurance
    managed to get down to £530 for the year. includes interest as pay monthly.

full breakdown inc 60 days eu cover.
    legal expenses cover
    windscreen cover
    c/car
    protected no claims
    and futor modifications covered for alloy wheels, lowered supension and privacy glass

no where got close esp with the mods declared.

Original Poster

oh, and ive already made use of breakdown. my engine mounting went and had to be recovered 15 miles to the garage of my choice
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....33
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553789
      3. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)55
      4. Bearded chat1225

See more discussions