Looking for cheap laptop to run Football Manager

LocalFound 21st May 2017
Hi, as the title suggests, I'm after a laptop that will comfortably run Football Manager 17. I won't be using it for any other games. This is simply for playing FM. I only have a budget of £250, possibly stretching to £300. Am I asking too much? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Community Updates
8 Comments
yeah to be fair football manager will run on most things but laptop wise you want something with a dedicated graphics and in your budget that would be hard to find think amd with radeon graphics start at £450 and intel with nvidia geforce about £750 unless sales are on. Anything with integrated graphics will just put strain on the CPU and will feel slow and choppy and also cause overheating issues later down the line.
unfortunatly AMD like to deceive people by saying CPU is blah blah blah and GPU is blah blah blah but still are integrated together same as how they like to say larger numbers than intel like 8 core, usually this is a dual core cpu but with virtual cores. You can probably find some last years laptops for your price range which will run footy man better though
Consider the tablet version touch on iPad I'm a recent convert and it's very similar to full game. ipad 2 air would be fine.
steprest

Consider the tablet version touch on iPad I'm a recent convert and it's … Consider the tablet version touch on iPad I'm a recent convert and it's very similar to full game. ipad 2 air would be fine.

​Is it similar to the 'classic' mode in the full game? As in you don't have the media interaction, player conversations etc?
Look at some of the Dell Outlet models an inspiron with an i5 and atleast 8gig ram

outlet.euro.dell.com/Onl…%3d
Seagal

Is it similar to the 'classic' mode in the full game? As in you don't … Is it similar to the 'classic' mode in the full game? As in you don't have the media interaction, player conversations etc?

Yes I find it to be just as playable for long periods and as in depth as the full version but without team talks and media, couldn't recommend more highly than having to boot up a laptop and far more portable
All the comments saying amd is pants, I have a laptop using 9600p with 8gb of ram and it runs bf4 on low, never mind fm. Happily it also runs fm without issue. Not as well as the 5820k in main pc but I can run it with large database. Cheapest I saw a lappy with this chip is £270 on ebay. £270 for what is a proper 4 core cpu with much much better graphics than any i5 on the market.
Look at this on eBay ebay.co.uk/itm…682 that WILL run fm 17 with a large database.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants