Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking For Cheap USB External Hard Drive

Hi,

I need an external USB hard drive.

Anyone know of any offers/cheap hard drives.
    Don't mide the size, just not to big, only needed to make space on my PC.

Thanks
    Jai47

9 Comments

Original Poster

Oh yeh,
    What is a USB Hard Drive Encloser, does it come with a hard drive?
    I'm guessing it doesn't and thats why its cheaper.

jai47

Oh yeh,What is a USB Hard Drive Encloser, does it come with a hard … Oh yeh,What is a USB Hard Drive Encloser, does it come with a hard drive?I'm guessing it doesn't and thats why its cheaper.

You buy your own Hard Drive and stick it in. You can get them for DVD-RW drives too.

Original Poster

ok thanks

Anyone find any offers?

Depends on the size you want, but this amazon.co.uk/exe…-21 WD 80Gb £55.50p Delivered looks okay for the price.

Funny, I was looking for the samething. Found this if its any help, 200GB for £80

dabs.com/pro…131

Hope the link works !!!

That's really quite a good offer.

Original Poster

yeh, thanks, i'll look into them

Forgot about Dabs.com

Did the dabs one seem to be the best deal then? I'm looking for one too at the moment. thanks

edit: found these on ebay, slightly cheaper but not much. cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRA…tem

Try these, They take a laptop harddrive.
    ebuyer.com/cus…822
    These are about the size of a wallet and powered by the usb ports, I use mine all the time, it is as easy to use as a pen drive and pops in your coat pocket. I got mine off of ebay ready assembled about a year ago.Add a 20GB or 40GB harddrive for £40 - £50. I have the larger unit (take 3.5inch desktop harddrives) as well,it is mains powered and fairly chunky (but much cheaper per GB), I use it for bigger drives etc - but the smaller one is my preference.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047134
      2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.811
      3. What would be HELL to you?2839
      4. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1922

See more discussions