Looking for cheapest deal for Nest Thermostat

Found 20th Jan 2015
I got a 10% code from B&Q today so went to take the plunge on the Nest thermostat. The bloody site implies it's in stock, lets me add it to my basket and checkout and only then does it tell me it's not available!!

So, I have been trying to find a discount code elsewhere and am not having much luck. Other places that stock it are John Lewis, Currys and PC World and Amazon, but all have it at full RRP of £179.99 and none have a discount code I can find.

I was just wondering if any of you amazing HUKDers out there would be able to point me in a direction in which I could get at least the 10% off I was looking for.

Many thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskNestThermostat
14 Comments
check for compatibility first please on their website. I was interested too but then found out my current thermostat cannot be replaced with nest. not a direct replacement at least. Did not fancy hiring a professional to do this.
ruc

check for compatibility first please on their website. I was interested … check for compatibility first please on their website. I was interested too but then found out my current thermostat cannot be replaced with nest. not a direct replacement at least. Did not fancy hiring a professional to do this.

My set up is fine, and I expect yours is too as long as you buy the UK version of the Nest. The US verison is not compatible with UK systems.

You will not be replacing your heating timer and you will still need this for your hot water. Once installed, you will set your heating timer to always on and the Nest will then do the rest.

The UK version of Nest comes with a HeatLink box. This attaches to your central heating system between the boiler and the old thermostat. The old thermostat wires are then wired in to the HeatLink box and then send the power to charge the Nest thermostat. The important part is wiring the old thermostat wires in to the HeatLink as the link will only send a 12v current, but your old set up might be sending more power which will blow the Nest.

You also don't actually need to wire in the Nest at all like your old thermostat was. As the HeatLink is what actually turns the heating on and off ('call for heat' I believe is the technical term) then that is the only part that actually needs to be wired to your heating controls. The Nest can be set up anywhere and powered by the provided USB cable and plug).

For me, I am going to stick with the wires from my old thermostat (attached to the new HeatLink) so that I can have the thermostat palced and charged where the old thermostat is currently situated, but then I have the freedom to detach it from the wall and power it by the USB and plug anwhere I want it if I choose to.

I think if you do a bit more research you will find you should be able to use Nest in your current set up.
Know any pensioners, don't they get 10% off at b&q instore (assuming they have them instock in store)
Edited by: "mds1256" 21st Jan 2015
mds1256

Know any pensioners, don't they get 10% off at b&q instore (assuming they … Know any pensioners, don't they get 10% off at b&q instore (assuming they have them instock in store)

Thanks, but not being in stock at B&Q was kind of the point of this post.
Denziloshamen

Thanks, but not being in stock at B&Q was kind of the point of this post.

No, you said it wasn't available online to buy/reserve. You never said it was not available instore.
mds1256

No, you said it wasn't available online to buy/reserve. You never said it … No, you said it wasn't available online to buy/reserve. You never said it was not available instore.

Fair enough. No store has them in stock. My plumber is also struggling with his usual supplier too.
the salus it500 in maplins is better priced and does the same thing £130

maplin.co.uk/p/s…AeA
Edited by: "kash2013" 21st Jan 2015
kash2013

the salus it500 in maplins is better priced and does the same thing … the salus it500 in maplins is better priced and does the same thing £130http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/salus-it500-internet-thermostat-control-via-your-smartphonetablet-a85qy?gclid=CKLRkqyMpsMCFW7MtAodVUsAeA

Sorry but the Salus doesn't really compare, they have a horrendous reputation in the trade for a reason.
Edited by: "themorgatron" 21st Jan 2015
Denziloshamen

Fair enough. No store has them in stock. My plumber is also struggling … Fair enough. No store has them in stock. My plumber is also struggling with his usual supplier too.

I am also on the look out for one so I will be keeping an eye on this thread
mds1256

I am also on the look out for one so I will be keeping an eye on this … I am also on the look out for one so I will be keeping an eye on this thread

Amazon appear to have stock, but really looking for somewhere a voucher can be used or can be bought VAT free as a trade purchase by my plumber.

I wonder why stock is in such short supply at the moment. Would rather not be buying now if a product refresh is coming up or production has ceased due to technical issues.
Not 10% off but Jewson have them for £169 (add it to the basket for discount): jewsontools.co.uk/nes…tml
mds1256

Not 10% off but Jewson have them for £169 (add it to the basket for … Not 10% off but Jewson have them for £169 (add it to the basket for discount): http://www.jewsontools.co.uk/nest-products/nest-learning-thermostat.html

Thank you. I don't get any discount though!!

Scrub that, discount showed up.
Edited by: "Denziloshamen" 22nd Jan 2015
Placed an order with Jewson and had confirmation email. Let's hope they do have stock and won't then email me later on saying there will be a delay.
Denziloshamen

Placed an order with Jewson and had confirmation email. Let's hope they … Placed an order with Jewson and had confirmation email. Let's hope they do have stock and won't then email me later on saying there will be a delay.

Cool, I am thinking of pulling the trigger...... Ummmm lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions