Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for cheapest tariff to call overseas

Hi

I have no landline so only use my mobile phone for calls. I call abroad sometimes and normally I would use my Tesco sim card for this, calling an '077' number which would connect me to a number in Mauritius. I usually had free minutes when I topped up so I was ending up paying around 5 p a minute. I cannot call to that number for cheap anymore due to their new pay-as-you-go tariff plan. So now I am paying 15p a minute.

Would anyone know where else I can find a better deal?

8 Comments

maybe go for some calling cards? you pay for calls to a landline number + card fee. my favourite is IDT Gold which has excellent price and call quality. let me know if you need further information.

Original Poster

Hi
    Thank you. I had a look and the access number is 07744 988 888. Which network are you on? And are you on a contract? It looks like it is worthy to use your inclusive minutes for this if you are on a contract.

yamlan;4339482

HiThank you. I had a look and the access number is 07744 988 888. Which … HiThank you. I had a look and the access number is 07744 988 888. Which network are you on? And are you on a contract? It looks like it is worthy to use your inclusive minutes for this if you are on a contract.

No I think you misunderstood me or something. That number is for some other service and I don't know how they work. The one I mentioned allows you to purchase £5 credit and you have to call a landline number before entering the number you want to dial. I use my free landline bold-on (or you can use inclusive minutes or whatever) which Im sure is cheaper than calling premium rate numbers. Let me check how much costs to Mauritius on my IDT card...

Ok so £5 you'll be able to call for 70 minutes (is that dial code +230... we're talking about?) say 7.2p/minute. Not the cheapest rate I suppose but it's just in reference to the one I use regulary.

edi;4344859

4p / min to Mauritius via 0844 428 25 … 4p / min to Mauritius via 0844 428 25 25http://www.0844calls.co.uk/callingrates/landline/cheap_calls_mauritius.php

I'm afraid they charge at least 20p on top depends on network to call a 0844 number

Original Poster

tsukasai;4345013

I'm afraid they charge at least 20p on top depends on network to call a … I'm afraid they charge at least 20p on top depends on network to call a 0844 number

You are right. It says on the website: ''Calling from a mobile phone or payphone may be surcharged by your operator.''

7.2p / min on your type of card isn't so bad compared to what I pay currently. I might give it a go but will keep searching the net for a while before doing so. Thanks!

Original Poster

edi;4344859

4p / min to Mauritius via 0844 428 25 … 4p / min to Mauritius via 0844 428 25 25http://www.0844calls.co.uk/callingrates/landline/cheap_calls_mauritius.php

This is excellent for those who have a landline. I'll pass it over to friends. Cheers!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1116
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28103
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047160
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2032

See more discussions