Looking for decent 40" TV

Found 6th Aug 2017
Any recommendations for decent cheapish TV for mainly ps4 and firestick use.should I get in HDR or normal led one?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

All depends on your budget really but HD would be good enough for a 40 inch TV unless you are planning on getting a PS4 Pro and want to get the most out of it. Recently bought an LG 43UJ630V for £379 in the prime sale (though its £499 now) and am very pleased with it. Personally prefer the LGs to the Sony's as the WebOS is nicer to use and the YOuView interface on the Sony's is horrible.

Original Poster

tallpete331 h, 31 m ago

All depends on your budget really but HD would be good enough for a 40 …All depends on your budget really but HD would be good enough for a 40 inch TV unless you are planning on getting a PS4 Pro and want to get the most out of it. Recently bought an LG 43UJ630V for £379 in the prime sale (though its £499 now) and am very pleased with it. Personally prefer the LGs to the Sony's as the WebOS is nicer to use and the YOuView interface on the Sony's is horrible.

Nothing too expensive,needs to be good for gaming and streaming movies via firestick,I here good results on hisense models some have HDR. I think 43inch might be too big.I've also got 43inch other bedroom and seems fine.

None of the current 40/43" TVs have much in the way of HDR support so I'd just ignore whether or not it's mentioned in the marketing.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves44 m ago

None of the current 40/43" TVs have much in the way of HDR support so I'd …None of the current 40/43" TVs have much in the way of HDR support so I'd just ignore whether or not it's mentioned in the marketing.

Apparently the hisense is a 10 bit panel with hdr support.

hackerace12 m ago

Apparently the hisense is a 10 bit panel with hdr support.

I bet it doesn't have much in the way of HDR hardware though. It's likely got few, if any, dimming zones, a low brightness range and a narrow, or only slightly extended, colour gamut.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves3 h, 46 m ago

I bet it doesn't have much in the way of HDR hardware though. It's likely …I bet it doesn't have much in the way of HDR hardware though. It's likely got few, if any, dimming zones, a low brightness range and a narrow, or only slightly extended, colour gamut.

Not sure about that.
Post a comment
@
    Text