Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for Dell XPS Studio i7 PC

After the above desktop PC, but not as up to date on what is a good deal regarding hardware anymore.

I saw this on the outlet store for £678 incl delivery and vat and was wondering if their are usually better deals on the outlet store for this type of machine, or if it is a good deal?

Studio XPS Intel Core i7 Processor 920 (2.66GHz)
    Operating System English Genuine Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium (64 BIT)
    Memory: Memory 6144MB (6x1024) 1067MHz DDR3 Tri Channel
    Hard Disk Drive: 750GB HD Serial ATA non Raid (7200 Rpm)
    Video: Graphics 512MB ATI Radeon 4850 Graphics card
    CD Read-Write Drive: DVD+/-RW, 16

Also,
    these machines are built into a mini tower and I was wondering anyone who owns one if their is much space for upgrading graphics ard and putting a good sound card in?

Thanks in advnace,
    Martin

3 Comments

Hi mate, did you buy it?

Got a direct link - I can't see it now?

I'm in the same boat as you, I recommend waiting until tomorrow when many of the discounts expire and a new batch should be released.

Original Poster

No didnt buy it, was looking for some advice from here first.
    Their was 2 identical when I posted, but they seem to have gone now. Maybe it was a good deal????

Anyone know about the space in these for adding graphics card/sound card?

Well I added one to my basket, but then removed it. It only worked out £50 cheaper than a new machine if you take into account the 10% discount code + quidco. Not worth the risk of getting a used machine in my opinion.

The space inside is limited, you can add a sound card (see new machines) but not sure about a 2nd graphics card. I know they are limited for space inside.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. House buyer survey?22
      2. Car MOT33
      3. best place for fishing tackle?33
      4. Xiaomi redmi note 4 global version.12

See more discussions