Expired

Looking for Digital Camera SLR type/style

12 replies
Found 12th Jun 2007
Hi I have found these digital camera in my price range, can anyone beat these prices or tell any reason why they are so cheap, ie they are rubbish or have you got any other suggestions

Fuji FinePix S9600 Digital Camera (9.0MP, 10.7x optical zoom) 2.0" LCD
£236.00 :thumbsup:
amazon.co.uk/exe…sim

Fuji Finepix S6500 FD
£160 :thumbsup:
buyacamera.co.uk/xse…t=p

Thanks for your Help! :thumbsup:

13 Comments

for intelligent reviews on all fuji cameras try: dpreview.com/rev…lm/

they are pretty good cameras, but fixed lens, so not in the same catergory as a DSLR. The Fuji FD (face detection) software is pretty good, so the 6500 is OK.

Personally, if your looking to spend £240 on a camera, you will be better off getting one of the Nikon D40's on offer (with cashback etc.) It may be lesser pixels but the image quality will be much better and there is always the possibilty of upgrading lenses etc.

cheepaschips

Hi I have found these digital camera in my price range, can anyone beat … Hi I have found these digital camera in my price range, can anyone beat these prices or tell any reason why they are so cheap, ie they are rubbish or have you got any other suggestionsFuji FinePix S9600 Digital Camera (9.0MP, 10.7x optical zoom) 2.0" LCD £236.00 :thumbsup: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000INUDMY/pricerunner-21/ref=nosim Fuji Finepix S6500 FD £160 :thumbsup: http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?RecId=FUJCA475&pt=pThanks for your Help! :thumbsup:

S6500fd is £149.99 at Asda

social lurker

for intelligent reviews on all fuji cameras try: … for intelligent reviews on all fuji cameras try: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Fujifilm/they are pretty good cameras, but fixed lens, so not in the same catergory as a DSLR. The Fuji FD (face detection) software is pretty good, so the 6500 is OK.Personally, if your looking to spend £240 on a camera, you will be better off getting one of the Nikon D40's on offer (with cashback etc.) It may be lesser pixels but the image quality will be much better and there is always the possibilty of upgrading lenses etc.

In my opinion the image quality of the D40 will be a little bit better not "Much" better.
Also if you spend £240 on a D40 then you will only have a 3x optical zoom and you will have to spend another £150 odd to get a lens that covers the zoom range of the Fuji's

Rufus ****

In my opinion the image quality of the D40 will be a little bit better … In my opinion the image quality of the D40 will be a little bit better not "Much" better.Also if you spend £240 on a D40 then you will only have a 3x optical zoom and you will have to spend another £150 odd to get a lens that covers the zoom range of the Fuji's

Can I be @rsed to argue? yeah, go on.

The cheapest zoom lens for a Nikon will be about £70-80 which would give you a similar range to the Fuji's. I accept this is going to be a little more expensive option but the picture quality will still be better.

Added to the possibiltiy of changing lenses at a later point for other shooting options, upgrading, flexibility and creativity etc. basically you get a better all round camera. And the nikon uses Li-Ion batteires which will benefit in the long run too

social lurker

Can I be @rsed to argue? yeah, go on. The cheapest zoom lens for a … Can I be @rsed to argue? yeah, go on. The cheapest zoom lens for a Nikon will be about £70-80 which would give you a similar range to the Fuji's. I accept this is going to be a little more expensive option but the picture quality will still be better. Added to the possibiltiy of changing lenses at a later point for other shooting options, upgrading, flexibility and creativity etc. basically you get a better all round camera. And the nikon uses Li-Ion batteires which will benefit in the long run too

Agree

social lurker

Can I be @rsed to argue? yeah, go on. The cheapest zoom lens for a … Can I be @rsed to argue? yeah, go on. The cheapest zoom lens for a Nikon will be about £70-80 which would give you a similar range to the Fuji's. I accept this is going to be a little more expensive option but the picture quality will still be better. Added to the possibiltiy of changing lenses at a later point for other shooting options, upgrading, flexibility and creativity etc. basically you get a better all round camera. And the nikon uses Li-Ion batteires which will benefit in the long run too

Can you post a link to this lens please because I would be interested in buying it.

I had the 6500fd this summer. I really liked it but the one I had kept overexposing pictures. I think it was faulty, I sent it back for a refund.
A guy in PC world talked me into a canon S3IS which I,m quite happy with now (£180 but discontinued now I think).
If I was looking at a Fuji now it would be the Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd Digital Camera - Black (8MP, 18x Optical Zoom)
£190 at Amazon ]http//ww…-21

It takes SD cards, the 6500 only takes xd - more expensive.

The Fuji 5700 is still ace @ £102.50 from Amazon.

been looking at the same cameras, 9600, 6500 or the 8000 ....decided to go for the 8000. Think I'm going to get Currys to 110% pricematch Ebuyers price of £180 and maybe use the £10 code that was going around making it £163.

[SIZE=2]I would have like the manual zoom on the 6500 but the 8000 has image stabilisation. (A lot of people, me for one, would hate the idea of having to carry around different lenses for wide and telephoto (both important for me) (and pay lots more), this is the best compromise )[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]And the comment about Li-ion battery, I was against the idea of using AA batteries until I gave it some thought and realised that they can be picked up for about £5 per pack of 4 and generally last longer on a charge than the battery packs and quick charge of 15 minutes is available too.[/SIZE]

Rufus ****

Can you post a link to this lens please because I would be interested in … Can you post a link to this lens please because I would be interested in buying it.

For all your camera needs: [url]www.camerapricebuster.co.uk[/url]

For cheap Nikon zoom lenses:
70-300mm @£70
purelygadgets.co.uk/sho…g=9

55-200mm @£130
purelygadgets.co.uk/sho…g=9

i'm a novice so i may not know what I'm talking about but aren't they just 3-4x optical lenses....not 10x-18x like the ones here?

they represent 3x or 4x zoom on the lens, but you have to compare that to the standard lens at its widest point becaus thats how the compacts will measure zoom (i.e. 18mm on the standard kit lens for the Nikon D40), so would be the equivalent of 11x or 16x zoom.

In 35mm equivalent, you need to multiply the digital value by 1.6 (because a sensor in a digital camera is smaller than a standard 35mm film), so an 18mm lens on the Nikon would actually be 18 x 1.6 = 28.8mm on a 35mm equivalent.

The max zoom on the lenses above would be 300mm x 1.6 = 480mm on a 35mm equivalent.

Again, on film cameras, 50mm is usually quoted as a normal focal length, so in this case, we would be looking at about 9.6x zoom (480/50=9.6).

In short, both these lenses represent a good usable zoom lens at bargain prices.

Hi,

Yesterday (Sat 22 Dec) I got S6500 for £134 from ASDA due to fact that they are also giving extra 10% before Xmas eve. There was a genuine fuji leather case for half price as well.

Not sure how the pricing went but everything was scanned through and I officially paid £134.99 for case and camera.

Jessops may also be good bet if your local ASDA does not stock the S6500fd

Merry Xmas (to ASDA as well)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien46
    2. Is this junction box wired properly??610
    3. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    4. Foo fighters presale code.1110

See more discussions