Looking for earbuds compatable with iPhone

Posted 14th Sep
hi I'm looking for earbuds for my son that are compatible with his iPhone he wants them to look as much as the real thing as possibly please he is using the rest of his birthday money so not alot thank you in advance. we have seen these are they any good
3294238-ZvXrH.jpgrover.ebay.com/rov…609
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
Buy them from Amazon as can always return if unhappy
Any Bluetooth headphones will work with an iPhone. You can also just use a pair of wired earphones with the Apple Lightning headphone adapter that costs £8 from Amazon or Currys. Rather than trying to find a pair of earphones the look just like the Apple ones you'd probably be better off instead looking for the best sounding ones you can get for your budget.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 14th Sep
The ones that look like the Apple ear buds produce awful sound. Better to get ones like these Wireless Headphones, DOMAX Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds 25H Playtime HIFI Stereo Sound True Wireless Earphones with Mic Black. amazon.co.uk/dp/…N2/

Check the reviews.
Haircut_10014/09/2019 14:56

Any Bluetooth headphones will work with an iPhone. You can also just use a …Any Bluetooth headphones will work with an iPhone. You can also just use a pair of wired earphones with the Apple Lightning headphone adapter that costs £8 from Amazon or Currys. Rather than trying to find a pair of earphones the look just like the Apple ones you'd probably be better off instead looking for the best sounding ones you can get for your budget.

But then he won't look cool.
deleted1410297
_Tris_14/09/2019 14:56

Buy them from Amazon as can always return if unhappy

dont make a habit of it.
Do you work for a company that does the benefits scheme like cycle to work? You can get the Apple AirPods 2 for £1.20 a week direct from your pay
toonsquirel14/09/2019 18:22

Do you work for a company that does the benefits scheme like cycle to …Do you work for a company that does the benefits scheme like cycle to work? You can get the Apple AirPods 2 for £1.20 a week direct from your pay

I'm not sure have you got more info on this please
kevnemma14/09/2019 18:39

I'm not sure have you got more info on this please

I work for Royal Mail and they do it, also my last job at Nissan and also when I worked for orange/ee so it seems all big companies do it. I think any company with over 50 employees is elegible, it’s basically you pay direct from your pay and you save on national insurance and also tax on some items. Like the cycle to work scheme but can get phones tablets smart watches pc laptop consoles TVs and loads of accessories. You pay over 2 years interest free but they charge full rrp so usually you end up paying normal sort of cost but since it’s over 2 years you don’t notice it since it’s direct from your pay
toonsquirel14/09/2019 18:43

I work for Royal Mail and they do it, also my last job at Nissan and also …I work for Royal Mail and they do it, also my last job at Nissan and also when I worked for orange/ee so it seems all big companies do it. I think any company with over 50 employees is elegible, it’s basically you pay direct from your pay and you save on national insurance and also tax on some items. Like the cycle to work scheme but can get phones tablets smart watches pc laptop consoles TVs and loads of accessories. You pay over 2 years interest free but they charge full rrp so usually you end up paying normal sort of cost but since it’s over 2 years you don’t notice it since it’s direct from your pay

Wow I will have a look into this thank you
toonsquirel14/09/2019 18:22

Do you work for a company that does the benefits scheme like cycle to …Do you work for a company that does the benefits scheme like cycle to work? You can get the Apple AirPods 2 for £1.20 a week direct from your pay

Yeah but even if they take out only £1.20 a week direct from your pay are you still not paying £150 or whatever in total for a pair of not-spectacular wireless earbuds when you can get something else from a different brand that will do as good a job for maybe half or even a third of that price?
Haircut_10014/09/2019 19:51

Yeah but even if they take out only £1.20 a week direct from your pay are …Yeah but even if they take out only £1.20 a week direct from your pay are you still not paying £150 or whatever in total for a pair of not-spectacular wireless earbuds when you can get something else from a different brand that will do as good a job for maybe half or even a third of that price?

The person who made this post wanted real AirPods for his son and his son doesn’t have £150 to buy them outright so I gave him a way of paying around cost price for them but over 2 years at a cost a young child can afford (he can call it his pocket money) his son maybe doesn’t want a cheap unknown brand even though you can get better value for money. You can get the 1more wireless earbuds for 50p which will cost £50 over 2 years for a pair that’s £89.99 in the shops and get fantastic reviews on sound quality, it says you get as good sound quality as anything you to £200 but they lack features but just for music are said to be excellent. The actual fake AirPods are absolute trash and obviously no decent companies copy real AirPods for obvious reasons so it’s either get real AirPods, total trash copies or decent earbuds but look nothing like AirPods, his son wants them to look real and I’m sure he won’t want total trash.
toonsquirel14/09/2019 20:03

The person who made this post wanted real AirPods for his son and his son …The person who made this post wanted real AirPods for his son and his son doesn’t have £150 to buy them outright so I gave him a way of paying around cost price for them but over 2 years at a cost a young child can afford (he can call it his pocket money) his son maybe doesn’t want a cheap unknown brand even though you can get better value for money. You can get the 1more wireless earbuds for 50p which will cost £50 over 2 years for a pair that’s £89.99 in the shops and get fantastic reviews on sound quality, it says you get as good sound quality as anything you to £200 but they lack features but just for music are said to be excellent. The actual fake AirPods are absolute trash and obviously no decent companies copy real AirPods for obvious reasons so it’s either get real AirPods, total trash copies or decent earbuds but look nothing like AirPods, his son wants them to look real and I’m sure he won’t want total trash.

The OP was asking after lookalike non-Apple Airpod style earbuds and was considering buying some really cheap copy ones. My advice was just to buy a good pair of earbuds, neither the cheapo ones nor the £150 Apple ones, but something nice for around £50You can get a pair of JBL, Sennheiser, Sony, or even perhaps House Of Marley wireless earbuds well within that budget. There's absolutely no need to spend £150 on earbuds for a kid, even if it is only at a rate of £1.20 a week or whatever when you can get a great alternative from a recognised brand for much, much less.
Haircut_10014/09/2019 20:16

The OP was asking after lookalike non-Apple Airpod style earbuds and was …The OP was asking after lookalike non-Apple Airpod style earbuds and was considering buying some really cheap copy ones. My advice was just to buy a good pair of earbuds, neither the cheapo ones nor the £150 Apple ones, but something nice for around £50You can get a pair of JBL, Sennheiser, Sony, or even perhaps House Of Marley wireless earbuds well within that budget. There's absolutely no need to spend £150 on earbuds for a kid, even if it is only at a rate of £1.20 a week or whatever when you can get a great alternative from a recognised brand for much, much less.

It can be a Christmas present, there isn’t actually any decent ones that look like AirPods so he really has the choice of like your saying really good cheaper earbuds but that don’t look like AirPods or the real thing. Those cheap £10 copies are so bad it’s not worth even considering, I got some and gave them to my son and even he said they were rubbish. My son is like the op son and if he wants something the same as AirPods he’d be gutted to receive some Bose or b&o earbuds even though they’d be incredible compared to the AirPods, some kids like apple unfortunately. My son has an iPhone 7 and if I offered him a galaxy s10 or top end none Apple phone he’d say no he’d rather have his iPhone 7.
toonsquirel14/09/2019 20:25

It can be a Christmas present, there isn’t actually any decent ones that l …It can be a Christmas present, there isn’t actually any decent ones that look like AirPods so he really has the choice of like your saying really good cheaper earbuds but that don’t look like AirPods or the real thing. Those cheap £10 copies are so bad it’s not worth even considering, I got some and gave them to my son and even he said they were rubbish. My son is like the op son and if he wants something the same as AirPods he’d be gutted to receive some Bose or b&o earbuds even though they’d be incredible compared to the AirPods, some kids like apple unfortunately. My son has an iPhone 7 and if I offered him a galaxy s10 or top end none Apple phone he’d say no he’d rather have his iPhone 7.

Gosh, it's amazing how well you seem to know that the OP's soon wants.
Haircut_10014/09/2019 20:39

Gosh, it's amazing how well you seem to know that the OP's soon wants.

The fact he said ‘he wants them to look as much as the real thing as possible’ kinda gives away the fact that he wants them to look like the real thing??? What do you think it means?? The photo is of the cheap crap, do you know any that look exactly the same that aren’t crap?? Instead of moaning why not help the op with his question instead of telling him about earbuds that look nothing like AirPods which is not what op asked. I’m sure the op could of easy Googled earbuds and found some decent ones that look different but that’s not what he wanted.
toonsquirel14/09/2019 20:47

The fact he said ‘he wants them to look as much as the real thing as p …The fact he said ‘he wants them to look as much as the real thing as possible’ kinda gives away the fact that he wants them to look like the real thing??? What do you think it means?? The photo is of the cheap crap, do you know any that look exactly the same that aren’t crap?? Instead of moaning why not help the op with his question instead of telling him about earbuds that look nothing like AirPods which is not what op asked. I’m sure the op could of easy Googled earbuds and found some decent ones that look different but that’s not what he wanted.

"Why not help the OP"? That is exactly what I've been doing with my replies above. You keep going on about "cheap crap" but I've not once suggested that the OP buys a pair of cheap copies, quite the opposite, I've recommended going for some good value for money sensibly priced alternatives. But hey, that's not the reply you want to hear so I guess I'll leave you to this thread, it's all yours.

Edit - Just looked at your activity on here, seems you only comment on things related to Apple products, so that's why you've taken it so badly when I suggested that you could get something else great at less than half of the price
Haircut_10014/09/2019 20:53

"Why not help the OP"? That is exactly what I've been doing with my …"Why not help the OP"? That is exactly what I've been doing with my replies above. You keep going on about "cheap crap" but I've not once suggested that the OP buys a pair of cheap copies, quite the opposite, I've recommended going for some good value for money sensibly priced alternatives. But hey, that's not the reply you want to hear so I guess I'll leave you to this thread, it's all yours.Edit - Just looked at your activity on here, seems you only comment on things related to Apple products, so that's why you've taken it so badly when I suggested that you could get something else great at less than half of the price

How? I’ve totally agreed with you that he can’t buy any decent replicas, you’ve gave him options of ones that look nothing like AirPods but will sound good at a good price and I’ve gave him a way of getting real AirPods without breaking the bank at a cost you won’t even notice. Let the op decide if his son wants something that looks different or bite the bullet and get AirPods. If you look at op replies he seemed to like my idea. I dunno why your getting all angry and upset at me suggesting AirPods for someone who wants AirPod looking ones. Apple have sold 70 million sets of AirPods so maybe you don’t like them but it’s not like you can say there not popular and a good choice if that’s what you want.
kevnemma14/09/2019 18:48

Wow I will have a look into this thank you

Any idea what the scheme is called when I type In i cant find anything just bikes
kevnemma14/09/2019 22:27

Any idea what the scheme is called when I type In i cant find anything …Any idea what the scheme is called when I type In i cant find anything just bikes

It’s hapi benefits that run Royal mails but we have our own Royal Mail link to it, is not sure if all employers use same one or if there’s different ones but if you go on hapi benefits you can see the scheme
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants