Expired

Looking for electrical kettle with timer

8 replies
Found 6th Jan 2007
I know its not a simple request but I am looking for electrical kettle with built-in timer and 'keep warm' feature.

So far I found only one model (Kenwood SJ730) but my missus doesn't like the look of it.

Any other suggestions? :thinking:

1. Ask
  2. Kettle
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Kettle
9 Comments

I don't understand the 'built-in timer' bit.

dinosteveus

I don't understand the 'built-in timer' bit.

me niether, my kettle has a keep warm button, changes colour too! its cool

Original Poster

The timer thing allows to program kettle to automatically start at given time. Say, you leaving to work at 7am, so you want your tea to be ready 6:30 every day except on weekends.

Am I simply too lazy?

Kommunist

The timer thing allows to program kettle to automatically start at given … The timer thing allows to program kettle to automatically start at given time. Say, you leaving to work at 7am, so you want your tea to be ready 6:30 every day except weekend.Am I simply too lazy?

do these exist? ive never seen one!

loupomm

me niether, my kettle has a keep warm button, changes colour too! its … me niether, my kettle has a keep warm button, changes colour too! its cool

I've gone through about 6 'stay warm' kettles in the last year.
I'm on a cheapy Hinari and it beats all the expensive ones hands down.:thumbsup:

Kommunist

The timer thing allows to program kettle to automatically start at given … The timer thing allows to program kettle to automatically start at given time. Say, you leaving to work at 7am, so you want your tea to be ready 6:30 every day except on weekends.Am I simply too lazy?

Just plug it into a timer LOL:giggle:

Original Poster

dinosteveus

Just plug it into a timer LOL:giggle:

My current kettle got an electronic switch, so you can't set it to 'On' if there is no power. So I can't use it with external timer - I thought of it.

Original Poster

loupomm

do these exist? ive never seen one!

Yup, there is saide Kenwood SJ730 and some other model I can't recall. But I can't find anything apart from Kenwood on the web

Original Poster

OK, problem solved. We just came back from John Lewis where my wife bought cream whistling Morphy Richards kettle. She said that it matches our kitchen, so she just went and bought one.

http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/wizz400/images/MorphyRichards/products/heros/43599.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?1321
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming3257
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428714680
    4. Wow apple you really are bad2128

See more discussions