Looking for good deal on a 49" - 55" TV

Posted 29th OctEdited by:"happymanuk"
I'm looking for a great deal to replace a faulty 49" TV. I'm looking for one at least that size, up to a maximum of 55" (My room wouldn't really cope with anything any larger).

I've found the following options:

Panasonic 49" TX49GX550B or Hisense 50" 50B7100UK at Richersounds for £379
Samsung 50" UE50RU7020 for £389.
Linsar 55" 55UHD8000FP for £399

These all come with a 6 year parts and labour warranty.

I'm also looking at PC World (as I can get a 20% discount there), but the best I have found is:
Samsung 50" UE50RU7410UXXU at £449

Any comments or suggestions.
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Mendoza29/10/2019 12:19

https://www.very.co.uk/hisense-hisense-h50b7100uk-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-freeview-play-smart-tv/1600371399.prd

Thank you. Same price as Richersounds, but doesn't come with the 6 year parts and labour warranty.
Well I just got a 55" Philips, so don't worry the mega discounts will ensue
Edited by: "rtbsghgfh" 29th Oct
Richer sounds Is brilliant if you go for there open box stuff it comes with same Warranty and you get extra 10% off if you join their vip club which is free. Also anything over 40 inch (I think) if it breaks down they come to your house and fix it you don’t have to carry it back to the store.
Sjassi8629/10/2019 12:32

Richer sounds Is brilliant if you go for there open box stuff it comes …Richer sounds Is brilliant if you go for there open box stuff it comes with same Warranty and you get extra 10% off if you join their vip club which is free. Also anything over 40 inch (I think) if it breaks down they come to your house and fix it you don’t have to carry it back to the store.

My 47" LG broke and had to take it in store, they sent it off to LG. Second time they just offered me a like for like.
Open box you only get a year warranty, were as new you get 6 years
We got ours over 2 years ago and it’s 49” it went funny colour and they came round and replaced it this year. We got 6 years with ours it’s 6 with open box and 1 year with refurbished.
Might be a Samsung thing
Richersounds sounds as though it may be the way to go. Even despite being more expensive taking into account the discount I can get at Currys.

Out of interest, if the TV is faulty and they replace it, do they replace with a brand new one or a refurbished one ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants