Looking for free Scanning software for Windows 8.1/10

Found 4th Dec 2017
I bought my elderly mother a Ricoh printer/scanner and it doesn't seem to come with any scanning software.
It can be used from Photoshop Elements but it's not very intuitive or fully featured.
So looking for a recommendation for an easy to use Windows 8.1/10 application to do the job.
Had a quick look via Google and there are so many options I figured I'd ask for advice.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Aren't they still twain ? I would just download windows scan from the ms store.
Original Poster
kester7638 m ago

Aren't they still twain ? I would just download windows scan from the ms …Aren't they still twain ? I would just download windows scan from the ms store.

Thanks. It was pre-installed but I tend to forget about MS stuff.
I took a look and it seems fine to me but will see how my mother gets on with it.
Any other ideas for a regular non-Store app?
Agharta1 m ago

Thanks. It was pre-installed but I tend to forget about MS stuff.I took a …Thanks. It was pre-installed but I tend to forget about MS stuff.I took a look and it seems fine to me but will see how my mother gets on with it.Any other ideas for a regular non-Store app?

I think they're pretty generic now so not much difference between apps.
Original Poster
kester768 m ago

I think they're pretty generic now so not much difference between apps.

There's almost always a difference and was hoping to look at something that isn't from the Store that forces you to full screen mode. That alone is a signicnant difference.
Any image editing program should be able to acquire from a scanner. What does she normally use?
Agharta1 h, 24 m ago

There's almost always a difference and was hoping to look at something …There's almost always a difference and was hoping to look at something that isn't from the Store that forces you to full screen mode. That alone is a signicnant difference.

I'm surprise that limitation is still in Windows 8.1, Windows 10 lets you run them in a window.
Original Poster
EndlessWaves6 m ago

Any image editing program should be able to acquire from a scanner.

From OP:
"It can be used from Photoshop Elements but its not very intuitive or fully featured."
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants