Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for good deal on ASTRO TURF TRAINERS

i've just started playing 5 a side football and the trainers i have are no good for playing in. anyone know of any good deals out there please.
    thanks

13 Comments

Banned

bump, i would like to know this as well.

I play five a side football, Nike steam can be picked up for a good price & have a nice feel to them.
    I tried some Adidas F50 last year but didn't like the feel as much, if your on a real budget I'd got for some total 90 III, they are very lite & can be picked on ebay for a good price :thumbsup:
    A lot of the people I know swear my Adidas but its Nike all day long for me, a sports shop would be a good idea to get a look & feel of them & then just buy them online when you've decided on a pair.

Banned

thanks for the info, is there any difference between the two you posted, cause they have the same name but are different prices?

And what do you think about these are they better than the ones you posted: sportsdirect.com/Pro…412

P.S. not looking to spend over £35.

askfareed;5059911

thanks for the info, is there any difference between the two you posted, … thanks for the info, is there any difference between the two you posted, cause they have the same name but are different prices?And what do you think about these are they better than the ones you posted: http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PID-Nike+Mercurial+Veloci+V+TF-269044.aspx?ColCode=26904412P.S. not looking to spend over £35.

The steam have the laces covered but these don't which I think is the main difference.
    You could also go for the new total 90 shoot, there is a £30 of a £60 order code about for additions which means you could spend another £20 on top of these boots & still only pay £30 for the whole order

zq209 30 off 60
    ZQ886 30 off 60

additionsdirect.co.uk/rf/…188

stgeorge;5053474

http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PID-Nike+Total+90+Shoot+II+TF-269118.aspx?ColCode=26911833http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PID-Nike+Total+90+Shoot+II+TF-269035.aspx?ColCode=26903530These have a good feel & are only £22, there are better options but it depends on how high your budget is.

askfareed;5059911

thanks for the info, is there any difference between the two you posted, … thanks for the info, is there any difference between the two you posted, cause they have the same name but are different prices?And what do you think about these are they better than the ones you posted: http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products/SD/PID-Nike+Mercurial+Veloci+V+TF-269044.aspx?ColCode=26904412P.S. not looking to spend over £35.

I personally cannot see the difference between the two except the shoe sizes and price.

Mercurial V are suppose to be for light-footed players so they are suppose to be lighter than the Total 90. But it is fairly thin so it'll offer minimum protection.

So the boots depends on your style of play and there's no "better" option.
    Mercurial for Speed and Lightness.
    Total 90/Laser for shooting/passing accuracy.

Nodame;5060305

I personally cannot see the difference between the two except the shoe … I personally cannot see the difference between the two except the shoe sizes and price.Mercurial V are suppose to be for light-footed players so they are suppose to be lighter than the Total 90. But it is fairly thin so it'll offer minimum protection.So the boots depends on your style of play and there's no "better" option.Mercurial for Speed and Lightness.Total 90/Laser for shooting/passing accuracy.

I prefer light myself, I also find total 90's are light as a feather anyway.
    If you really want to float on air try these 220401995675 :w00t:

stgeorge;5060412

I prefer light myself, I also find total 90's are light as a feather … I prefer light myself, I also find total 90's are light as a feather anyway.If you really want to float on air try these 220401995675 :w00t:

That's why I highlighted the word "suppose" :-P
    I prefer light too (but abit biased there as I'm an all-out winger) but I also prefer adidas too!

Banned

I like the idea of the Mericurial V's being lighter, cause i run a lot and we play for around 3-4 hours at once, but on the other hand im getting blisters because the trainers im using right now don't protect my feet enough, so getting trainers which are even more lighter will probably just make it worse right?

So out of the 2 sportsdirect links you posted and the additionsdirect one, the additions direct one is supposed to be the best right? If so then i'll use that voucher cause i haven't ever shopped with the litlewoods group before.

askfareed;5061267

I like the idea of the Mericurial V's being lighter, cause i run a lot … I like the idea of the Mericurial V's being lighter, cause i run a lot and we play for around 3-4 hours at once, but on the other hand im getting blisters because the trainers im using right now don't protect my feet enough, so getting trainers which are even more lighter will probably just make it worse right?So out of the 2 sportsdirect links you posted and the additionsdirect one, the additions direct one is supposed to be the best right? If so then i'll use that voucher cause i haven't ever shopped with the litlewoods group before.

I believe the shoes in all three links are the same! :-D (Total 90 Shoot II)

Just off topic - you WILL get blisters when playing in any new pair of trainer/astro/boots etc. The way to prevent blisters is to play in them frequently but for short periods of time. That way, your feet will 'adapt' to your new shoes and *fingers crossed* not getting you blisters when playing in a, say, full 90 minute match.

Banned

If there all the same then i might as well go for the cheaper £22 one then, also for normal leisure nike trainers im size 9 or 9.5, so for these football trainers would it be better if i got tight (size 9) or a bit loose (size 10)?

askfareed;5062657

If there all the same then i might as well go for the cheaper £22 one … If there all the same then i might as well go for the cheaper £22 one then, also for normal leisure nike trainers im size 9 or 9.5, so for these football trainers would it be better if i got tight (size 9) or a bit loose (size 10)?

The first ones are the old ones I think but are still very good & I have a pair of the blue ones myself, they are also very light.
    The ones in additions are the new shoot ones.
    As for sizes you dont want them loose or tight so I would get as close to your normal size as possible.

Banned

Thanks, rep left to both of you. I think im gonna go for the cheaper ones because the newer ones are just newer ones i haven't seen anything about it which would mean they're necessarily better.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bmw, Mercedes or Range Rover11
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)48
      3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??22
      4. Laptop (not for gaming )11

See more discussions