Groups

looking for good quality pots and pans that don't cost the earth

Brought some prestige ones from Debenham's but once I put them in the dishwasher the inside turned blue and spotty so returned them. Anyone got any decent pans they can recommend that aren't going to break my bank account? I ended up buying the cheap teal set from argos to get me buy but don't see them lasting long as the Teflon coating is already wearing off!

18 Comments

Tkmaxx do decent stuff occasionally .. Not sure how accurate rrp is though . But worth a look

Original Poster

plodging

Tkmaxx do decent stuff occasionally .. Not sure how accurate rrp is … Tkmaxx do decent stuff occasionally .. Not sure how accurate rrp is though . But worth a look

Cheers will pop in this week if I get a chance

White spots are from adding salt to the water before they are boilling; blue is a new one to me though.

Ernesto from Lidl/Aldi are very good, I have had some of mine for over 7 years and they still look nearly new; in fact they are ageing better than the much more expensive ProCook ones I bought 4 years ago.

The ProCook ones are nice though, the built pourers and in lid strainers are great to use, no more trying to balance a colander and a pan full of boiling water and pasta/vegetables again.
    ProCook set of 5 pans cost me £99; then I added a £1.49 bamboo spatula to get the free P&P for orders over £100.

Edited by: "Gentle_Giant" 6th Dec 2016

I have circulon ones from tk maxx with a lifetime guarantee . I think the issue might be the dishwasher . A lot are not recommended for dishwasher use . I handwash mine .

Depends what you consider to be "the earth" really. Have Circulon set that I bought to replace my (dearer) Prestige ones as i changed to induction and they are definitely lasting better. My view is that Prestige over the last few years are distinctly inferior to older Prestige sets....... My new Teflon frying pan is also disappointing as the non-stick coating is poor and patchy (it's less than 18 months old and only gets infrequent use)
    Have a scout on Amazon Warehouse to see what is available or I suspect the Sales may turn up some deals if you can hang on a few weeks

Someone just posted the Tefal Inginio ones which are very good - and can go from hob to oven with a removable handle.

Pan set here

Edited by: "cheztaz" 6th Dec 2016

Ikea 365 lasted well for me.

Set of Raymond Blanc hard anodised 5 piece set .. Supposedly good quality on Amazon for £94 . . Can't comment really but seemingly good reviews .

I third the circulon pans but they don't fair well in the dishwasher.

I bought a set of Viners pans from the outlet store at Clarks village. Have been great, even in the dishwasher although the dishwasher has just ruined my new expensive knife set

If got a good quality procook frying pan for where I need a good quality non stick pan. All my other pans are from IKEA as I bought them as a stop gap as they were the cheapest induction pans I could find. But they still looks as good as new so if/when they fall apart I'll just buy some more.

We have had these over 10 years and still going strong amazon.co.uk/Ste…ans

Circulon Origins pans are great..superb quality at very reasonable prices on the Origins range...Tesco have been reducing them recently in-store only 3 piece set £22.50! If your lucky enough to find some..I got the 3 piece Origins set for £39.99 in-store @Tghughes. Dunelm Mill online also had them reduced. They are so easy to clean, I hand wash mine. Hope that's helpful.

Original Poster

TAH-M

Depends what you consider to be "the earth" really. Have Circulon set … Depends what you consider to be "the earth" really. Have Circulon set that I bought to replace my (dearer) Prestige ones as i changed to induction and they are definitely lasting better. My view is that Prestige over the last few years are distinctly inferior to older Prestige sets....... My new Teflon frying pan is also disappointing as the non-stick coating is poor and patchy (it's less than 18 months old and only gets infrequent use)Have a scout on Amazon Warehouse to see what is available or I suspect the Sales may turn up some deals if you can hang on a few weeks

Definitely agree I have 1 prestige pot from about 5 years ago that's pretty much perect so was really disappointed when the new set came up with all the spots. I always present wash items before putting them in the dishwasher and never had any problems with the old pot - even the sales assistant was baffled when I returned the set!

Original Poster

onelifeliveit369

Circulon Origins pans are great..superb quality at very reasonable prices … Circulon Origins pans are great..superb quality at very reasonable prices on the Origins range...Tesco have been reducing them recently in-store only 3 piece set £22.50! If your lucky enough to find some..I got the 3 piece Origins set for £39.99 in-store @Tghughes. Dunelm Mill online also had them reduced. They are so easy to clean, I hand wash mine. Hope that's helpful.

Will check these out - cheers!

Original Poster

marty-401

We have had these over 10 years and still going strong … We have had these over 10 years and still going strong https://www.amazon.co.uk/Steady-Bistro-Stainless-Saucepan-Silver/dp/B000ZJ3NZA/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1481059412&sr=1-1&keywords=ready+steady+cook+pans

Thank's - not expensive at all!

Original Poster

Thank you for your comments all - will be searching the net today with all your recommendations!

I love my ceramic coated Bratmaxx ones from Amazon - all purchased open box and all new.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?66
      2. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.56
      3. Laptop 1060 gtx ?33
      4. Jury service1114

See more discussions