Looking for low-lumen (50-60lm) light bulbs

Found 16th FebEdited by:"rtbsghgfh"
Hi, I'm looking for around a 50 or 60 lumen e27 bulb - ideally for under £5. Can't seem to find any on screwfix/b&q/wilko's.. any ideas on a good place to look?

The closest I could find was this on eBay, and call me picky but I'd rather have an LED a more efficient version if available. Also looking for round or candle bulbs, not spotlights.

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
These are the lowest lumen bulbs i've had, maybe too low for you and a pretty niche design! ikea.com/gb/…39/
I got some the other day at B&Q 2 for £7 (1 was £5)
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 16th Feb
shepademus5 m ago

These are the lowest lumen bulbs i've had, maybe too low for you and a …These are the lowest lumen bulbs i've had, maybe too low for you and a pretty niche design! http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/light-bulbs-accessories/nittio-led-bulb-e27-20-lumen-globe-copper-colour-art-40317139/

Wow, they are funky thanks for the link - just unnecessarily fancy for my purposes (hidden behind a shade)
djmackie20005 m ago

I got some the other day at B&Q 2 for £7 (1 was £5)

Thanks, I could only see a single bulb on their website under 100lumens. 45lm but it was £10 (included a remote mind, but not what I need).
Sorry just read the ebay link you posted- that looks like a 3W LED filament to me? Am i wrong? Looks to fit the bill perfectly!
Edited by: "shepademus" 16th Feb
shepademus4 m ago

Sorry just read the ebay link you posted- that looks like a 3W LED …Sorry just read the ebay link you posted- that looks like a 3W LED filament to me? Am i wrong? Looks to fit the bill perfectly!

You could be right.. I just saw 3w and as my existing 100lm bulb is only 1w I assumed it was old school. Maybe that's my only option!
rtbsghgfh15 m ago

Thanks, I could only see a single bulb on their website under 100lumens. …Thanks, I could only see a single bulb on their website under 100lumens. 45lm but it was £10 (included a remote mind, but not what I need).

sorry mines where 250lm LED 3W power consumption, which is equivalent to a 25W bulb and give off a warm white light.
Colour temperature 2700K
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 16th Feb
rtbsghgfh3 h, 38 m ago

You could be right.. I just saw 3w and as my existing 100lm bulb is only …You could be right.. I just saw 3w and as my existing 100lm bulb is only 1w I assumed it was old school. Maybe that's my only option!

15 lumens/watt is still extremely inefficient by LED standards though.

There's a 30 lumen bulb here:
ebay.co.uk/itm…097
and here:
ebay.co.uk/itm…157
You need ...

Clive modified some to lower their power - for the basic capacitor dropper LED, you could also do it by making up an inline adapter that put a mains rated (class X) capacitor in series, rather than a lower value capacitor in the bulb itself

A 1W E14 in an E27 adapter might do, but they are staill going toward 100lm
Whats it for?
60lumens would be damn near pointless its about 6 candles so once you add a lamp shade it's going to be a large fixture for a very dull glow.
You'd probably be better just getting a new led setup or getting some dimmable led bulbs and turning them to barely on. At least that way you can make them useful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants