Looking for new laptop or open box return or possibly refurbished?

Posted 4th JulEdited by:"Maxim7750"
Just checked my old laptop spec it says i5 4300u@1.9gh 2.50ghz 4gb ram 1920x1080 Dell Latitude E7240 it was a refurb model purchased sept 18 that didn't cost £180 but cuts out after getting too hot often now and I want to replace it,the fan was serviced and cleaned out and had new thermal paste added but it's probably knocking on now so I think I will just replace it,I liked it as the build quality is good as I think it may have been a business class model and so felt solid.Could go for a refurn again if there are any places taht sell them to a good standard.
The speed and the ram has been fine for me so just looking for anything similar to keep the cost down and nothing that feels to plasticy if poss.
I only use it for e mails,youtube and surfing net £350 would be the top of my budget if that's even possible to find anything at that price?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Dell outlet have a few deals but they change each day. Head over there and have a look. I think 350 may get you an if but possibly a pentium
josephobrien200004/07/2020 12:38

Dell outlet have a few deals but they change each day. Head over there and …Dell outlet have a few deals but they change each day. Head over there and have a look. I think 350 may get you an if but possibly a pentium

Cheers,I will have a look
tardytortoise04/07/2020 13:10

Always my first port of callNever dissapointedSurf around this …Always my first port of callNever dissapointedSurf around this websitehttps://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/c/623/Core-i5-Laptops/

Thanks,will check them out
One of the Lenovo's thinkpads. Extremaly well made and upgradeable. If you're not a demanding user it shouldn't really matter if it's a decade old laptop.
Barrelofwhiskey04/07/2020 13:32

One of the Lenovo's thinkpads. Extremaly well made and upgradeable. If …One of the Lenovo's thinkpads. Extremaly well made and upgradeable. If you're not a demanding user it shouldn't really matter if it's a decade old laptop.

Thanks
Barrelofwhiskey04/07/2020 13:32

One of the Lenovo's thinkpads. Extremaly well made and upgradeable. If …One of the Lenovo's thinkpads. Extremaly well made and upgradeable. If you're not a demanding user it shouldn't really matter if it's a decade old laptop.

What do you think of HP elitebooks in comparison?
Can't comment but Thinkpad's can have cpu upgrade which isn't a case in most laptops. Click on some geeks videos on you tube and and you'll be able to identify exact model/budget. All the best.
Post a comment
@
    Text