Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for new or used AGP graphics card i.e X1650

Hi there, On a very low budget i'm upgrading a system so it can run L4D2 on low settings, I need something either PCI or AGP, 512MB of ram Direct x 10 support and a fast clock speed!

Anything from 7XXX Nvidia range upwards or the X16XX upwards on the ATI side.

If you are wanting to shift one of these or know where i can get one cheap (not ebays ridiculous prices) then give me a shout.

Thanks in advance :-)

2 Comments

The X1600 and 7XXX series don't support DirectX10, you're looking at a Geforce 8000-series or newer or a Radeon 2000-series or newer for DirectX 10 capability. L4D2 won't require DirectX 10 support though, it should work fine with DirectX 9 (does it even use DirectX 10 at all?).

I don't think nVidia made any AGP cards newer than the 7000 series though.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7404552

The X1600 and 7XXX series don't support DirectX10, you're looking at a … The X1600 and 7XXX series don't support DirectX10, you're looking at a Geforce 8000-series or newer or a Radeon 2000-series or newer for DirectX 10 capability. L4D2 won't require DirectX 10 support though, it should work fine with DirectX 9 (does it even use DirectX 10 at all?).I don't think nVidia made any AGP cards newer than the 7000 series though.

Thanks for the info man, i missed a few years of system building when these cards were about, i went from a P4, 9800pro setup to a Q6600 8800GT setup so missed that bit in between lol.

I was aware L4D2 didnt require DX10 but it would be nice to have the support so thanks for the info on that also!

Thanks for narrowing my search down! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions