Looking for nice fence accessories/Decorative fence solar light

Posted 16th Jul
Just had a 4ft fence laid down our boundary line of a shared drive (to the neighbours dismay.... Suddenly they can't fit 5 cars within their own boundary line when a fence is there and that's our fault, apparently)...
Anyway, I want to get the fence looking nice so they have less to complain about, and for our own benefit.
I need help looking for pretty/decorative fence accessories like over fence planters etc. I dont want solar string lights as we have plenty of those in the back garden... I do want one single downward lighting decorative solar light at the end of the fence/drive entrance as we have no street lights nearby.
Can anyone please guide or help with suggestions please??
If it makes a difference with suggestions, the first panel from the house is 5ft.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

15 Comments
So you had a fence put up the reason is unimportant to the rest of us.

You could try googling fence decorations, i’m sure you will get some ideas or amazon.

I would suggest security cameras, flood lights, barbed wire and maybe a trellis along the top to make it higher...
Bargainhead17/07/2020 05:56

So you had a fence put up the reason is unimportant to the rest of us.You …So you had a fence put up the reason is unimportant to the rest of us.You could try googling fence decorations, i’m sure you will get some ideas or amazon.I would suggest security cameras, flood lights, barbed wire and maybe a trellis along the top to make it higher...

... Yeah.
Lights4fun for decorating with u guessed it lights
Edited by: "brailer" 17th Jul
brailer17/07/2020 09:01

Lights4fun for decorating with u guessed it lights

Fantastic! Exactly why I asked for help, never heard of this site before. Cheers
The comments about your neighbours reminds me of when my dad got pi**ed of with his neighbour constantly cutting straight across my dad's driveway to get onto his, my dad put up a fence and driveway gates on his property and when his neighbour returned home that afternoon they somehow never saw the new fence and gates and drove straight into the new gatepost, of course they tried to blame my father for their bad driving.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 17th Jul
PaulandPam17/07/2020 09:32

The comments about your neighbours reminds me of when my dad got pi**ed of …The comments about your neighbours reminds me of when my dad got pi**ed of with his neighbour constantly cutting straight across my dad's driveway to get onto his, my dad put up a fence and driveway gates on his property and when his neighbour returned home that afternoon they somehow never saw the new fence and gates and drove straight into the new gatepost, of course they tried to blame my father for their bad driving.

There you go, so I'm not the only one then. I live in a corner cul-de-sac house and shouldn't have to worry about people walking past my living room window.
Our neighbours were forever vocally proud of the fact that they could fit 5 cars on their drive... What they fail to mention is that that could only do it if they park upto the boundary line and use our drive way as their exiting pathway from their cars (our drive is gravelled, theirs is blockpaved but there is only a small 1-2inch boundary curb bewteen us). Now, they can only fit 3 cars (at a push on there) and it's my fault that their driveway isn't big enough apparently. We bought this house 3.5 years ago, an elderly lady lived next to them for 25 years and let them do whatever they want... That's the problem.
I like my fence though 😁
whiteranger8717/07/2020 09:40

There you go, so I'm not the only one then. I live in a corner cul-de-sac …There you go, so I'm not the only one then. I live in a corner cul-de-sac house and shouldn't have to worry about people walking past my living room window.Our neighbours were forever vocally proud of the fact that they could fit 5 cars on their drive... What they fail to mention is that that could only do it if they park upto the boundary line and use our drive way as their exiting pathway from their cars (our drive is gravelled, theirs is blockpaved but there is only a small 1-2inch boundary curb bewteen us). Now, they can only fit 3 cars (at a push on there) and it's my fault that their driveway isn't big enough apparently. We bought this house 3.5 years ago, an elderly lady lived next to them for 25 years and let them do whatever they want... That's the problem.I like my fence though 😁

So what's their actual objection, always intrigued how people vocalise this stuff when they must know it makes no sense!

Friend moved somewhere in a very similar situation. Neighbour parked his van at bottom of their property which meant parking their car was harder than it should be, kicked off when they raised it very delicately because: "I've always parked there".

Not much help on the fence, aside from have you considered painting it, which can look better than plain wood, but of course is a bit of an effort. Or planting/screening from you side.

Also this sounds super obvious, but whenever I want to find something but don't really know what I'm looking for, I google it as an image search, which is way quicker than clicking on loads of different websites google.com/sea…969
whiteranger8717/07/2020 09:40

There you go, so I'm not the only one then. I live in a corner cul-de-sac …There you go, so I'm not the only one then. I live in a corner cul-de-sac house and shouldn't have to worry about people walking past my living room window.Our neighbours were forever vocally proud of the fact that they could fit 5 cars on their drive... What they fail to mention is that that could only do it if they park upto the boundary line and use our drive way as their exiting pathway from their cars (our drive is gravelled, theirs is blockpaved but there is only a small 1-2inch boundary curb bewteen us). Now, they can only fit 3 cars (at a push on there) and it's my fault that their driveway isn't big enough apparently. We bought this house 3.5 years ago, an elderly lady lived next to them for 25 years and let them do whatever they want... That's the problem.I like my fence though 😁

More than likely they will now start parking in the cul-de-sac and congesting the road
I got these a few months ago...pretty good, they do come on offer quite often
amazon.co.uk/HET…ck&
HottyHotty17/07/2020 10:10

So what's their actual objection, always intrigued how people vocalise …So what's their actual objection, always intrigued how people vocalise this stuff when they must know it makes no sense!Friend moved somewhere in a very similar situation. Neighbour parked his van at bottom of their property which meant parking their car was harder than it should be, kicked off when they raised it very delicately because: "I've always parked there".Not much help on the fence, aside from have you considered painting it, which can look better than plain wood, but of course is a bit of an effort. Or planting/screening from you side.Also this sounds super obvious, but whenever I want to find something but don't really know what I'm looking for, I google it as an image search, which is way quicker than clicking on loads of different websites https://www.google.com/search?q=fence+decoration&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIkOXy99PqAhX3VBUIHVqSClgQ_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=1920&bih=969

Their objection is that they have lived here for 25-30 years and the previous old lady "would never have done that"... They seem to think we're simply occupying the house untill she rises from the dead.
Like your friends situation - People get stuck in their ways and their believed rights increase as they become more comfortable in their surroundings. So because it's something different, it's wrong.
But yeah, tried a google search but wanted to hear of items people would suggest to buy from experience. I search the term "End of drive solar light" (or words to that effect) and lots of standard spike solar lights come up :-(
leejay17/07/2020 10:14

I got these a few months ago...pretty good, they do come on offer quite …I got these a few months ago...pretty good, they do come on offer quite often https://www.amazon.co.uk/HETP-Pack【6-Side-Illumination】Solar-Security-Waterproof/dp/B07ZNJBMVD/ref=sr_1_45?dchild=1&keywords=Solar+lights+4+pack&qid=1594977056&sr=8-45

Got a few of these in my garage ready to put up in the garden... They are very bright... Maybe too bright for a front garden??
whiteranger8717/07/2020 10:23

Got a few of these in my garage ready to put up in the garden... They are …Got a few of these in my garage ready to put up in the garden... They are very bright... Maybe too bright for a front garden??

Yep agree... i only put three up and on mode 3 you can comfortably sit in a small garden
When I moved in I was constantly blocked in my drive because 'previous tenants never had a car' dimwits! Also within weeks when I complained about the music I got told I'd only been there 2 minutes and was causing trouble, told them you want to see trouble you carry on, it stopped, guess they didn't want to take their chances, had so much grief here but I stand my ground and even now my drive gets blocked, well guess what, I leave for work at 5.30am so I just sit on my horn. (The whole close parks where tf they like so no guilt) I'm on a hill and the only flat bit is in front of my drive and when I cant get out I have actually threatened to relieve some cars of their handbrake.
I could rant for at least another 10 sentences about my neighbours and the shizz/drug dealing/dogs barking 24/7 , drunken arguments/anti social behaviour but I won't.
Good on you op, dont take no carp
fattyflumpalump17/07/2020 15:58

When I moved in I was constantly blocked in my drive because 'previous …When I moved in I was constantly blocked in my drive because 'previous tenants never had a car' dimwits! Also within weeks when I complained about the music I got told I'd only been there 2 minutes and was causing trouble, told them you want to see trouble you carry on, it stopped, guess they didn't want to take their chances, had so much grief here but I stand my ground and even now my drive gets blocked, well guess what, I leave for work at 5.30am so I just sit on my horn. (The whole close parks where tf they like so no guilt) I'm on a hill and the only flat bit is in front of my drive and when I cant get out I have actually threatened to relieve some cars of their handbrake. I could rant for at least another 10 sentences about my neighbours and the shizz/drug dealing/dogs barking 24/7 , drunken arguments/anti social behaviour but I won't. Good on you op, dont take no carp

I feel like this could be started in another dedicated thread... You seem to have had it terribly worse than me!
whiteranger8717/07/2020 20:22

I feel like this could be started in another dedicated thread... You seem …I feel like this could be started in another dedicated thread... You seem to have had it terribly worse than me!

Feel like its penance for not doing better in life lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants