looking for portable hard drive to use with kodi whilst on holiday

Found 1st Aug 2017
Hi guys
I'm looking for a portable hard drive for my kids movies , episodes to use with kodi whilst on holiday soon .
Looking at either 1 or 2 tb if possible around £60

Any suggestions welcome as I've no idea which is best . Needs to be small though .
Community Updates
15 Comments
Whats wrong with 256GB memory stick?
amazon.co.uk/Lex…usb
£55, lot smaller

anyways how would you be using it like you say kodi it on a tablet or something then using a otg cable?
Original Poster
whelan18924 m ago

Whats wrong with 256GB memory …Whats wrong with 256GB memory stick?https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-S75-256GB-JumpDrive-LJDS75-256ABEU/dp/B00S5V5PTC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501664082&sr=8-2&keywords=256gb+usb£55, lot smaller anyways how would you be using it like you say kodi it on a tablet or something then using a otg cable?

Cheers . Looking at 1 or 2 tb for the amount of stuff he has . I use kodi on my chromebox so gonna hdmi to tv in his bedroom in hotel .That only has 16gb ssd so not big enough.
Use MX PLAYER rather than kodi. Much better than kodi for playing media files

mxplayer.wiki/dow…ok/
Original Poster
bobdylan38 m ago

Have a look here: …Have a look here: https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/wd-recertified/my-passport-ultra-new.html#RWDBBKD0020BBK-EESN

Cheers that looks good . Do the recertified ones have a warranty as I can't see
Original Poster
chocci3 m ago

Use MX PLAYER rather than kodi. Much better than kodi for playing media …Use MX PLAYER rather than kodi. Much better than kodi for playing media fileshttps://mxplayer.wiki/download-mx-player-chromebook/

Cheers but does that work on a chromebox- your link is for a chrome book ? Cheers
Sniffer777 m ago

Cheers but does that work on a chromebox- your link is for a chrome book ? …Cheers but does that work on a chromebox- your link is for a chrome book ? Cheers

just download mx player from the play store then
Sniffer7732 m ago

Cheers that looks good . Do the recertified ones have a warranty as I …Cheers that looks good . Do the recertified ones have a warranty as I can't see

30 days by the look of it
Sniffer772 h, 33 m ago

Cheers that looks good . Do the recertified ones have a warranty as I …Cheers that looks good . Do the recertified ones have a warranty as I can't see

6 months generally on wd recertificated products
Sniffer775 h, 3 m ago

Cheers . Looking at 1 or 2 tb for the amount of stuff he has . I use kodi …Cheers . Looking at 1 or 2 tb for the amount of stuff he has . I use kodi on my chromebox so gonna hdmi to tv in his bedroom in hotel .That only has 16gb ssd so not big enough.

I know each to there own but never understood why people hoard so many films ect, I just download what I need, watch then delete, much easier then worry about being careful with hardrives
whelan1891 h, 59 m ago

I know each to there own but never understood why people hoard so many …I know each to there own but never understood why people hoard so many films ect, I just download what I need, watch then delete, much easier then worry about being careful with hardrives

And when the company you bought them from goes bust?
Torrent
EndlessWaves34 m ago

And when the company you bought them from goes bust?

Original Poster
I hope you don't mean pirate films
I'm also planning on backing up pictures etc after holiday onto the drive and the amount of pics the mrs takes I may need more than 2tb
Sniffer774 h, 41 m ago

I hope you don't mean pirate films I'm also …I hope you don't mean pirate films I'm also planning on backing up pictures etc after holiday onto the drive and the amount of pics the mrs takes I may need more than 2tb

What legit ways is there to have a film on a hardrive? (not being sarcastic)
Original Poster
If you buy the original disc you can rip into your hard drive . Maybe onto nas etc which is legal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants