Looking for prices for 2 books

Posted 18th Sep
Hi, my daughter wants 2 books released tomorrow (19/9) first is Cressida Cowell--knock three times (wizards of once book 3) and the other is Anna James-- Tilly and the lost fairy tales (Pages and Co book 2). Both are still £9.99 at amazon and the price doesn't seem to be going down.

If someone notices them in a supermarket or anywhere for a good price would you please give me a shout.
And before you hammer me, like last time I asked about a book price, I work so don't have to time to check every single store, we have asked the local library if they will be getting them and they said no as they didn't have the first books in the series and weren't buying the first ones either.

Thank you!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Could be worth holding tight until next week to see where the Amazon price goes and also if the supermarkets or Smiths do any deals. But I'm sure that if people do see a good price for it they'll post it as a deal so keep checking, maybe set a keyword alert for it.
Haircut_10018/09/2019 20:33

Could be worth holding tight until next week to see where the Amazon price …Could be worth holding tight until next week to see where the Amazon price goes and also if the supermarkets or Smiths do any deals. But I'm sure that if people do see a good price for it they'll post it as a deal so keep checking, maybe set a keyword alert for it.

Have done the keyword alert. And yes am hoping that prices will drop.

Just thought I'd mention it here in case a yo e comes across one of the books somewhere for a decent price.

Thank you!
Without sounding preachy tell them to buy it themselves if they want it instantly or get them used to the idea of how money works and have them wait till it is a reasonable price? (Yes I know all about it is a treat and they deserve it) but at some point they do need to learn about want and need and value?
thomasleep18/09/2019 23:36

Without sounding preachy tell them to buy it themselves if they want it …Without sounding preachy tell them to buy it themselves if they want it instantly or get them used to the idea of how money works and have them wait till it is a reasonable price? (Yes I know all about it is a treat and they deserve it) but at some point they do need to learn about want and need and value?

I agree with that and often do that. And I'm trying to teach her to look around for the best price
suejb219/09/2019 09:39

http://www.bookbutler.co.uk/[Image] [Image]

I use that one too but it doesn't show supermarkets in store so doesn't always have the best price!
WHSMITH

The Wizards of Once: Knock Three Times Book 3 £8.99

Pages & Co.: Tilly and the Lost Fairy Tales 2 £9.35

Total £18.34

FREE DEL OVER £20

10% OFF A SPEND OVER £25 USE CODE SEPT25 ENDS 24TH SEPT

8.4% cashback via topcashback

Both are the hardback editions with £12.99 rrp.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 20th Sep
Thank you! Just seen they've come down to 6.99 at amazon
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants